IGNORED

Held Rodneys

Rinkydink

I have searched the board and decided on a pair of Rodney tan summer gloves. I can't really tell how good of knuckle protection they have. I own a pair of Sambia and prefer that type of hard protection. Anyone own some Rodneys and can fill me in? TIA

I've got the Rodney, pretty lightweight knuckle protection (sort of an extra fold of leather over the knuckle) . I use them around town in summer. Also have the Airstream similar to the Sambia, better hard knuckle protection. Recently state of CA has banned products containing kangaroo leather. Most Held gloves have been pulled from dealer shelves here in CA.

The Held Rodney is my favorite summer glove ever. Obviously not a heavy-duty glove, but very comfortable. I got about 8 years out of my first pair, when the palm leather got too thin for confidence, I ordered another pair.

I have the Rodneys, and have been very happy with them.

When I was racing (back in the mid and late 80s), our gloves did not have hard knuckle protection - they just had an extra layer of thick leather across the back. I crashed a few times, and the knuckle protection did its job. One of my crashes was at 90+ mph, and the back of my right hand hit the ground VERY hard, and then my left palm hit when I rotated to the other side. I had no injury to my knuckles, but did have a bruised palm.

Held Rodneys are the most comfortable gloves I have ever worn.

The laws in California are "interesting". Nice place to visit though...

Thanks everyone. I am still hesitant as my Sambias have started disintegrating after 2 1/2 years. I'm somewhat surprised at the price difference I find online. From $80 to $120.

RobCO80831

Why did California ban kangaroo leather gloves? In Australia, kangaroos are definitely not endangered, the are as numerous as deer in most states.

Here in California, we are determined to save all endangered animals. Whether they are endangered or not!

Pigeons are next... :dontknow: