IGNORED

Lowering a 2011 Non-ESA

BobW03

The 2011 I recently purchased is a standard but NON-ESA. It does have a Sargent low seat but I am thinking about changing the shocks. I have discussed with a shop and have a quote. I have even found a used set of Ohlins for sale which are shorter than stock. Other than the obvious sidestand and centerstand, what about the front forks?I have looked through the parts fiche and the forks do not appear to have different part numbers for standard vs. low suspension. Since the forks do not have springs, is there any adjustments to oil level with shorter shocks?

Thanks

Bob

Changed to 25MM lower Wilbers on my 2010 RT and never had a problem Did have a local welding shop lower the center and side stands by the same amount which made the bike's stance the same as before. Never thought of the oil level in the front forks; don't think there is enough in there to worry about. With lower shocks you can go back to a standard seat and gain more leg room.

I put one inch shorter shocks on my '07 RT. They shortened the stands, but I don't recall whether they removed any oil from the forks. Good question!