IGNORED

Radar detectors?

Rob Nowell

Rob Nowell

Suggestions would be appreciated regarding a radar detector for touring on a '16 RT.

Definitely adaptiv radar. No brainer. Great product and company stands behind it. I have used it for 10 years.

Best,

Alan

+1 On the Valentine 1.

I have it mounted to the side so that it can "see" both front and rear, and have a remote display on top of the Nav V area, which means that the remote display is always in, or on the visible fringe of my vision at all times. Note that the Valentine 1 has antennae for both front and rear, and so it knows the direction of any given signal. The display (remote is identical to the main unit) shows the number of signals, or "radars" being detected, and the direction and strength of the signals. That direction indicator is extremely useful, and you won't find it in any other detectors out there. One last thing to note is that the Valentine CAN be updated with newer features, by ROM replacement, for a fairly nominal costs!

This is my V1 using a magnetic mount on a Bags Connection tank bag. Works equally well on the R1200RT LC. The view to the front is partially obscured by the dash but it doesn't seem to affect performance. Note the old school wired coil cord which connects to my earbuds. A Y-splitter inside the tank bag give me music from my Ipod. Neither the Ipod nor V1 seem to cause interference with each other. Easily removed and stowed at sketchy gas or meal stops. The device on the L bar is a Monster remote Ipod controller. There is a V1 headset connection device in the bag as well.

ryuDpAu.jpg

Edited by Lemans