IGNORED

R1200ST Phone Mount

MrMillett95

MrMillett95

I am the new, proud owner of an '05 ST and I need a phone mount. I see that every design characteristic of the handlebars is, well... unique. I'm trying to choose the right Ram Mount and I see nothing that is compatible except maybe fork stem mount. Although I have a black plastic cover and I have no idea what it hides. Is it removable with a hole that will work with this product? Picture for reference as well.

https://www.rammount.com/activity/motorcycle-bases#forkstem-base

qM3qSzm.jpg

XhkEKSc.jpg

Andrew -

Wow. Posted 2 pictures in your first post! You will go far in life, young man!

Now we'll wait a bit for a real answer to your question, but welcome to the forum!

I've had great success over 2 bikes and 19 years with this reservoir mounted base.

Morning Lone_RT_rider

How in the heck did you get the reservoir mounting to work on the "urine sample jar" type reservoir's on the 05 ST?

I am the new, proud owner of an '05 ST and I need a phone mount. I see that every design characteristic of the handlebars is, well... unique. I'm trying to choose the right Ram Mount and I see nothing that is compatible except maybe fork stem mount. Although I have a black plastic cover and I have no idea what it hides. Is it removable with a hole that will work with this product? Picture for reference as well.

Morning Andrew

Reach up under the top triple tree to see if there are any threaded holes on the bottom (some of that era top triple trees have threaded holes underneath).

Baring any lower threaded holes I have done a couple of Ram Mount long "L" 1" ball mount arms attached to one of the fork tube pinch bolts using a longer pinch bolt & a short spacer to get the "L" arm out away from the triple tree alloy. (if done correctly it gives a very solid mounting & looks professional)

Lone_RT_rider
How in the heck did you get the reservoir mounting to work on the "urine sample jar" type reservoir's on the 05 ST?

Lots of JB Weld..... ;)

Just kidding. Sorry, I forgot that the reservoir on that bike was not integrated into the controls. I have the R1100RT and the R1200RT, so I stand by my statement that I have indeed had good luck with that mounting configuration. :) It just has absolutely no relevance to the posters needs. :rofl:

Dennis Andress

This was the way to go. Unfortunately the bottom plate has been discontinued. Check out Techmount to see if what they replaced it with.

81exCR3aktL._SX466_.jpg

This was the way to go. Unfortunately the bottom plate has been discontinued. Check out Techmount to see if what they replaced it with.

81exCR3aktL._SX466_.jpg

See post #3.

I feel so left out... I have not yet sorted how to extract the pics I took of my steed from my iPad to here... one Day maybe... nice looking ride and I will follow along to see what solution you come up with.

MrMillett95

Thank you all for the replies and for being so welcoming! I did a ton of research and found out that I can use the RAM ball mount with the 11mm hole on the mirror mount. They actually say that it is popular for many of the BMWs out there because there are so few options. Anyway, I will post my final setup when the parts arrive. I just got the bike registered today, so I will be riding it a lot more this week. So far I love it as my first bike!