IGNORED

Powerlet out of business (?) any good alternatives?

Doug 55

Their system accepted a recent order and managed to charge my credit card OK :eek: but I never got an order verification email etc.

Finally following up (due to being busy with Boring Life Stuff) I tried all their phone numbers, one of which connected me to an operator offering a $100 Walmart gift certificate but needing my full DOB :rofl:

Web search showed nothing from the company but other rider forums etc. confirmed closed, even one guy who lives nearby and check it out in person!

Obviously disputing the CC card charge which is one thing, but does anyone know a good alternative source for their type of product???

Hank R1200RT

You don't specify what you need. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Electricalconnection.com - not much BMW specific stuff, though.

2.Aerostich.

3.Roll your own. Find a local surplus electronics store - All Electronics in Van Nuys has waterproof connectors, etc...also, John Deere uses the same (Bosch?) connector as BMW, and you can order plugs and jacks for your custom project.

4.Amazon still lists a lot of “powerlet”stuff.

5.start calling BMW dealers looking for old stock.

Rolling your own is the best long term option IMHO. Good luck...

Their system accepted a recent order and managed to charge my credit card OK :eek: but I never got an order verification email etc.

Finally following up (due to being busy with Boring Life Stuff) I tried all their phone numbers, one of which connected me to an operator offering a $100 Walmart gift certificate but needing my full DOB :rofl:

Web search showed nothing from the company but other rider forums etc. confirmed closed, even one guy who lives nearby and check it out in person!

Obviously disputing the CC card charge which is one thing, but does anyone know a good alternative source for their type of product???

Morning Doug

What product? What are looking to buy?

Burns Moto was at the Utah rally and I got one of the Powerlet plug USB chargers which is very nice. They make a few more things as well. Burns Moto

Edited by AZgman

When searching the internet for items that fit the BMW accessory outlet, include the standard designation of "ISO 4165" in your search terms.

All Electronics in Van Nuys ...........

[Hijack]

Wow!!!! That store looks like a blast from the past.

A real treasure these days.

[/end Hijack]