IGNORED

Windows 10 And Outlook UGH!

KTM Doug

Anyone out there an Outlook expert? New computer has 10. Hate it, and I T guy I use installed Office and Outlook. It says it is fetching but nothing shows up in my 3 inboxes unless I later double click on each addresses inboxes.. I T guy is now out of town so can't help fix this now. So, I can't trust it and will keep using my old computer with Win 7 and Live Mail. It works great but old computer has a little hard drive glitch so decided to get new one. It didn't work right right out of the box and had a defective hard drive. So, if you are out there, could you PM me. I have questions.

Maybe we should clone my old drive and put 7 and existing mail program on new unit, even though they are almost no longer supported.

Windows Ten is basically ok. I don't use a mail client anymore. Unless you need your email stored on your pc, I can't see any reason for Outlook. I just use my browser and visit the mail website. In my case, that's gmail, and I have all my other accounts forwarding to my gmail account, so it's one stop shopping.

John Ranalletta

shouldn't have to do that

i have 10, outlook and 4 email accounts on 2 laptops and they work flawlessly

don't have solution but it should be fixable

imap or pop3 accounts? if pop3, trying changing to imap

in outlook/file/advanced, look at "Send/Receive" settings. play around with changing the intervals. just a suggestion.

Edited by John Ranalletta

John and Bud. Well, it don't work almost 95% of the time. I spent all of yesterday trying things. Contacted my carrier and all settings for servers are correct. I actually sent a test mail from my pc I am replacing and it came in instantly but would not do it again. I had a friend send a couple emails from Oregon send and they came right in correctly but would then not duplicate. I have sent maybe 50 test emails and nothing.

I also have tested the accounts thru Outlook and they all come back as sent and received ok. But nothing is in the inboxes. The only way I can then see if I have mail is to double click on the main address and occasionally an email will come thru. I can then click on each of the others and maybe get something on the other two accounts. So, I am at a loss. Carrier says all is well, computer says test emails are working but nothing. I think I will have our computer guy uninstall Outlook and load it again. Mayb something is corrupted. I spent time on internet and see others have had this same problem with Office/Outlook 2016. No real definitive fix. Oh, problems are with IMAP. My older Windows 7 machine using Live Mail and are configured for POP is working flawlessly. The new comp will not let me configure in POP.

I am still considering cloning my old drive and putting 7 and Live mail on the new machine. First computer in all my years of usage that I can't make work correctly.

John, send me PM. I would like to call you and chat.

Mike, thanks. However when I get to the inbox repair window to browse, it does not find anything that looks like the link you sent. I typed in the address and it says file not found. So, guess when I talk to the IT guy when he returns, I will ask him to check this. When I hit browse it takes me to a screen of just my data, documents that we transferred to the new computer.

Doug, don't know but it sounds a lot easier to pull in a clutch, downshift and twist the throttle. :grin::wave: Computers is hard! :dopeslap:

Pat