IGNORED

Hello from Shibui

Shibui

Hello

New here. I currently ride a R1200GSA Hexhead and love it. Now that the kids are older my wife and I are spending more time on trips so have decided to add an RT to the shed.

Probably another Hexhead or a Camhead.

Love BMW. Have had a K100RS, K1100LT and a then went boxer with the GSA. Also had a bunch of BMW's as work bikes. Seriously cant beat the reliability of the BMW (final drives the exception... LOL).

Outside of bikes my other interests are Japanese History and Culture and particularly Japanese trains. (superdork) . My wife and I travel their every 18 months or so and hire a bike, mostly small Japanese stuff, and tour the countryside a bit.

Cheers

ã—ã¶ã„

Shibui

Hi Lowndes (Great name. One of our best supercar drivers was named Lowndes)

Where I live near Byron Bay we can thankfully ride all year as the winters are very mild. Actually, the summers almost kill us if stuck in traffic.

One of my bucket list to do's is travel Nth America by bike.

cheers

Welcome! :wave: One of the mods here, JFF or Mitch taught me more about Japan in nine minutes than all my teachers combined. (believe me there were a bunch of them) :/:dopeslap:

Entertaining

Pat

Hi Lowndes (Great name. One of our best supercar drivers was named Lowndes)

Where I live near Byron Bay we can thankfully ride all year as the winters are very mild. Actually, the summers almost kill us if stuck in traffic.

One of my bucket list to do's is travel Nth America by bike.

cheers

Welcome!

If you happen to come to the US in November we could show you around Death Valley National Park, or if you come in April we could show you around the Yosemite National Park area, or we could do a tour with you around Utah and it's many National Parks in either May or September. Let us know. These events are usually in the calendar forum.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Outside of bikes my other interests are Japanese History and Culture and particularly Japanese trains. (superdork) . My wife and I travel their every 18 months or so and hire a bike, mostly small Japanese stuff, and tour the countryside a bit.

Welcome to the board. My wife is from Osaka, so we go back there about once a year to see family and eat our fill of Japanese food. My first time was back in 2010, and shortly after that I posted a review of some of the motorcycles and scooters I saw there.

I'm not a railhead, but some of the trains in Japan are pretty cool. Saw a Nankai 50000 series train a couple of times, but still haven't ridden it. I do not have any plans to ride the recently introduced

:eek:

BMWST has a number of gatherings around the country. Most are local events that are held in the same area once or twice a year, but the "UnRally" is an annual event that alternates between somewhere in the east and somewhere in the west, and tends to draw riders from all over the country. If/when you get around to planning a moto tour here in the US, you might consider timing it so you can show up at one of these events and meet some of us.

:thumbsup:

I'm not a railhead, but some of the trains in Japan are pretty cool. Saw a Nankai 50000 series train a couple of times, but still haven't ridden it. I do not have any plans to ride the recently introduced

:eek:

:thumbsup:

The Nankai is amazing. On our first trip I was amazed by the Shinkansen but now its the local rural trains that grab me.

Our family hosts 日本人のがくせい (Japanese students?) every second year for a year at a time. Our current student is from Fukuoka and we visited her family before she came out. Her father introduced me to Shochu at the local izakaya and I am a convert!

Cheers