IGNORED

New to the Haram

Cohiba54

Thanks. Need to do a few things like get rid of the AroFlow windshield and the driver backrest, get a stock windshield and a passenger backrest. Let me know if you hear of either of those.

I do have the stock windshield that is just sitting in a box, but quite frankly, you should look to getting what I am using! It is very much better: https://www.werksparts.com/quiet-ride-windshield---bmw.html

The AroFlow windshield is a knock off of the Werks. I'll let the story be told but I'll never buy anything from AroFlow again. I like the Werks and wouldn't go back to stock.

Jay

John in VA

Works didn't werk for me due to optics but it's good quality and the top flip does calm buffeting. I went with BMW's wide comfort shield -- expensive but unique and worth it to me. I rarely look through a screen but any optical distortion out front is distracting to me. My 2c.

Enjoy that pretty bike!

Why on earth do you want a stock windshield. They are terrible. The Werks Quiet Ride and the Aeroflows are 2 of the best out there for this bike.

I don't find ANY distortion with the viewing region at all.

Edited by AndyS
I do have the stock windshield that is just sitting in a box, but quite frankly, you should look to getting what I am using! It is very much better: https://www.werksparts.com/quiet-ride-windshield---bmw.html

The AroFlow windshield is a knock off of the Werks. I'll let the story be told but I'll never buy anything from AroFlow again. I like the Werks and wouldn't go back to stock.

Jay

What makes you say that it is a 'knock off' of the Werks screen. The Werks is IMO, a great screen, but Aeroflow isn't a 'knock off' of it. Aeroflow have been in the game a whole lot longer making double curvature screens.

Jay

What makes you say that it is a 'knock off' of the Werks screen. The Werks is IMO, a great screen, but Aeroflow isn't a 'knock off' of it. Aeroflow have been in the game a whole lot longer making double curvature screens.

Andy like I said in my earlier post I'll leave that up to another but it came from a reliable source that may wish to remain silent. Yes Aeroflow has been around for years, I had an Aeroflow on my 02R1150RT, I liked is but it was poorly made, it wasn't as thick as the OEM screen, Aeroflow provided spacers to make up the difference. My screen cracked at a screw hole, from what I noticed they all did.

Jay

Why on earth do you want a stock windshield. They are terrible. The Werks Quiet Ride and the Aeroflows are 2 of the best out there for this bike.

Main this is to get more ventilation in the summer months here.

Main thing this is to get more ventilation in the summer months here.

Edited by Cohiba54
realshelby

Do you think there would be better air flow on the torso with the "quite-ride" windshield as opposed to the beemenr stock one?

No, there won't be more air flow. There will be air flow, because there is a lot of air coming from under the screens on the RT. How you manage that air flow and the air going over and to the side of the screens is where you can make a screen more quiet and greatly lessen turbulence.

An RT is by design a bike that offers great protection from wind to the rider. If you want a lot of air onto you in hot weather there really isn't a way to do that and keep the turbulence and noise down. The more air hitting you, the more noise and turbulence. Up to the point you take the screen off, then you have smooth air but noise. Everything is a compromise.

John in VA

#1 Why on earth do you claim I "want a stock windshield" when I clearly said I have the BMW comfort shield, not the stock windshield?

#2 I owned a Werks for several months and, like all screens with flip-lip designs I've tried on several RTs, it had optical distortion that I find distracting. To each his own. I'm not knocking it, it's well made, it's just not for me. If your particular Werks has no distortion, unlike all other flip-lips, yours is a miraculous exception of engineering and physics and I'm happy for you.

No John, I have no distortion at all where I look, because I don't look through the screen. The screen is always BELOW my sight line. Like all good screens, the air management is such that the top of the screen is below eyeline and the air is thrown up over my helmet.If i go looking for distortion I will find it, but it is not in an area that is affected whilst riding.

Also John, if you look at my post it wasn't referencing you at all it read [Re: Cohiba54] .

alegerlotz

If its more air flow that you're looking for, then I suggest trying to find a stock sport windscreen. I have both the stock original (which I have no problem with... anything bigger would get into my field of vision - Yuck!) and the bmw sport screen that came out with the 2018 models. I run the sport screen when its hot out and I don't have a long highway ride. When I'm going a long distance or its cool out, I use the stock windscreen.

If its more air flow that you're looking for, then I suggest trying to find a stock sport windscreen. I have both the stock original (which I have no problem with... anything bigger would get into my field of vision - Yuck!) and the bmw sport screen that came out with the 2018 models. I run the sport screen when its hot out and I don't have a long highway ride. When I'm going a long distance or its cool out, I use the stock windscreen.

I suppose I'll keep the AroFlow for winter riding (the whole 2-4 weeks of it) and try to find a good used Beemer sport one for the other season we have here SUMMER.

I have both the stock original (which I have no problem with... anything bigger would get into my field of vision - Yuck!.

Yuck indeed, but with the Werks Quiet ride it doesn't get in the way because it is not particularly higher, just a MUCH better shape and WAY more effective at air management.

No John, I have no distortion at all where I look, because I don't look through the screen. The screen is always BELOW my sight line. Like all good screens, the air management is such that the top of the screen is below eyeline and the air is thrown up over my helmet.If i go looking for distortion I will find it, but it is not in an area that is affected whilst riding.

Also John, if you look at my post it wasn't referencing you at all it read [Re: Cohiba54] .

+1 Andy!

That is precisely why I like the QuietRide shield. I can have it in much lower position than stock shield and still get the turbulence air to swirl OVER my helmet! Having the shield lower is great, because I do NOT want to even glance through it.