IGNORED

New member & owner

Siki

Hello all,

I just became a proud owner of a 2005 R1200ST. I love my cyclops. I do have some questions. Any recommendations on good tank&side protector tape/stickers, also what is the best setup for a GIVI top case. All the advice and help is appreciated. I am also looking to install aux lights on the forks or the frame. Any suggestions there?

Thank you in advance.

Vanjka :grin:

Welcome Siki! Glad to have you aboard! I'm not a big help on the specific items you mention - my RT has the factory top case. Plenty of folks have Givi. Do you just need a mount or a mount and top box? As for tank protectors, I found this - there may e other options.

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=WA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1601047

You have lots of light options - your budget will help you narrow your choices. Other will chime in here with their favorites.

Do you have a pic of your bike?

Dennis Andress
Hello all,

I just became a proud owner of a 2005 R1200ST. I love my cyclops. I do have some questions. Any recommendations on good tank&side protector tape/stickers, also what is the best setup for a GIVI top case. All the advice and help is appreciated. I am also looking to install aux lights on the forks or the frame. Any suggestions there?

Thank you in advance.

Vanjka :grin:

His and Hers R1200 STs here. We can answer most of your questions, but it'll be a couple of days to get `round to it.

Siki, welcome to the board. I've been using a Givi Universal Mount on the accessory BMW rear luggage rack on my ST. It's become very handy for me as I use a 30L box for around town and can almost instantly install a larger 46L box for out of town trips. My in town box on the bike.

BTW, the gas tank protector you'll probably need is a common at motorcycle shops that sell sport bikes, mine is a carbon fiber look for the very back of the gas tank cover. You can see mine if you look closely at my picture links above.

Edited by sardineone

Wow thank you all for your responses. At the moment my bike is in service for the rear flange recall and I am expecting to pick it up at the end of this week.