IGNORED

Ambulance chasers...err....lawyers in VA

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Got a high-speed driving award in VA two weeks ago. 70 in a 55 just off the north end of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

Last week and this, I'm receiving letters from chasers wanting to defend me, claiming they can vacate or minimize the charge, "saving me money and my reputation".

roadscholar

There's a local lawyer here that specializes in that, whenever I get a ticket in this county I use him. A hundred bucks gets you a reduced fine and no points on your license, def worth it to me. It's way cheaper than car racing. :)

There are a few in the ATL as well, well worth the money in my experience.

No points and a reduced fine, the attorney fee was more than reasonable.

The same happened to me a few years ago when I received my performance award. Lots of letters from Lawyers, at one point I think we got ten in one day. I agree with statements by others, a good lawyer can save you from getting a complete cash-ectomy. Just find the right person and you will be fine.

lawnchairboy

Chesapeake BBT has its own enforcement officers. Went both ways on Saturday up to Cape Charles. Nothing beats VA SR 58 for being a cash register though in this region.

You might want to get one of these to, ahem, "speed up" (pardon the pun) the performance award portion of your next LEO encounter.

i%20know%20i%20know-M.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
marty mayer

Hello John, Been a long time. Don't know what you were doing on the Eastern Shore or if you or any one else might be interested. My son has a house in Cape Charles (really cool little town) that he rents out.

Marty