IGNORED

Annual Treat

Steve Parry

Steve Parry

Every year I pop up to the Lobster Pot Seafood Restaurant in Church Bay, Anglesey for a lobster lunch :)

Pulled the Boxercup out of the garage this morning, will be riding up to the A5 to meet a mate before we carry on to Church Bay.

2urbb7q.jpg

Met my mate John for a quick coffee then had a lovely ride up the A5 in absolutely glorious sunshine. Snowdonia is extra beautiful when the sun comes out!

Parked up outside the restaurant and decided to eat al fresco :)

2lx8pip.jpg

I started with a half dozen fresh Anglesey oyster ..... little rock pool of ocean flavour (and a small dry white wine)

14a8t8w.jpg

then went for the lobster with samphire and salad with a dry apple juice :)

2ia5w8i.jpg

John had dressed crab followed by lobster grenville

We then rode back to the main route and rode around to Moelfre to stop for an ice cream, Rhubarb and Ginger. Met a customer on holiday, small world uh :)

2dgrdyp.jpg

The view was stunning sweeping across from the Great Orme at Llandudno and sweeping across the coast to Puffin island with the Snowdonia range as a backdrop

Then a ride back through heat that was getting to be intense to the Llanberis Pass and a glorious blast up the pass with the Remus resounding from the cliffs. Dropped down into Beddgelert for a soft drink with ice before heading over towards Porthmadog and up to Trawsfynydd before riding over the tops to Bala where John went his way home and I went mine.

All in all a stunning day out. Oh and I used my open face helmet so I'm a bit like a beetroot :D

Please name the town where that restaurant is located. I may be riding in England later this year and I would love to stop for that wonderful looking food.

Edited by Marty Hill
szurszewski
If only I would open my eyes. Thanks for seeing what I managed to miss.

I bet you scrolled right down the food and got all distracted. :)

Steve Parry
Please name the town where that restaurant is located. I may be riding in England later this year and I would love to stop for that wonderful looking food.

I believe he did - Church Bay

http://www.thelobsterpotrestaurant.co.uk/index.html

Correct :) ....

Marty the restaurant is not in England it's in Wales, England is part of the the United Kingdom, the remaining parts are Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. Calling of the Britain or the United Kingdom "England" can be as insulting as calling the US Canada ;)

Marty the restaurant is not in England it's in Wales, England is part of the the United Kingdom, the remaining parts are Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. Calling of the Britain or the United Kingdom "England" can be as insulting as calling the US Canada ;)

I suppose a little time and Google would tell me the answer but this is all a little confusing for a kid who spent a lot of time daydreaming about dirt bikes in his school years. :grin: Being British or English means? :dontknow: Teach me...

Pat

My sincere apologies. I do know better, but at my advanced age I sometimes take shortcuts.

Edited by Marty Hill
Steve Parry

I suppose a little time and Google would tell me the answer but this is all a little confusing for a kid who spent a lot of time daydreaming about dirt bikes in his school years. :grin: Being British or English means? :dontknow: Teach me...

Pat

Britain is made up of a group of islands, the British Isles, these islands house 4 nations, the northern Irish from Northern Ireland, the Welsh from Wales, the Scottish from Scotland and the English from England.

All of these nations of the British Isles come together to be collectively known as the United Kingdom.

Each is proud of being individual nations within the Union. So we're all British but are also English, Irish, Welsh, Scottish depending on which country we're from.

HTH

Edited by Steve Parry

Britain is made up of a group of islands, the British Isles, these islands house 4 nations, the northern Irish from Northern Ireland, the Welsh from Wales, the Scottish from Scotland and the English from England.

All of these nations of the British Isles come together to be collectively known as the United Kingdom.

Each is proud of being individual nations within the Union. So we're all British but are also English, Irish, Welsh, Scottish depending on which country we're from.

HTH

Not to put too fine a point on it, the British Isles also include the Republic of Ireland and the Isle of Man. And yes Marty, as you well know you can ride from England to Wales, so your question was spot on. No apology necessary, and no offense intended.

Jake, I'll be flying me and the moto into Dublin. Ride around Ireland and spend time with a distant cousin my mom met many years ago. Ferry to England or Scotland and ride a bit. After that?

Jealous, but not for long. We're planning our own British Isles invasion for late May of next year, which happens to be Paula's 50th, which also happens to be during next year's IOM TT event. For myself, I will be searching for traces of my ancestor Sorley Boy MacDonnell at the Dunluce Castle, also the site of the inner sleeve photo of Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy album. How's that for a Mission From God?