IGNORED

Tankbag Options

Rinkydink

Bike is ‘17 RT. Searched board unsuccessfully and need help deciding on small to medium tankbag preferences. I would like pros and cons on mounting options as it is my understanding magnetic is not an option. Wondering about ease of removing for fill-up etc. What are you using? TIA

Hey buddy. I really like the RKA SuperSport MiniX with the flat bottom. Just the right size for some incidentals, and moves beautifully from the RT to the Duc to that beautiful airhead you sold me. Flips up with a quick click of the front retaining strap so refueling is a breeze. No handlebar interference from any of the bikes. Pure porridge, just right.

What are you using? TIA

On my R1150RT I went from a flip up Big Mack tank bag (no longer made) to an EVO powered tank bag from SW Mototech. I use the EVO Trial model (second largest I think) and it is fantastic. https://sw-motech.com/en/products/luggage/tank+bags/EVO+electric+tank+bag/4052572015421.htm

It releases and attaches effortlessly for refuelling and is very convenient. A mount setup should be available for the 1200RT.

MrMillett95
Bike is ‘17 RT. Searched board unsuccessfully and need help deciding on small to medium tankbag preferences. I would like pros and cons on mounting options as it is my understanding magnetic is not an option. Wondering about ease of removing for fill-up etc. What are you using? TIA

Hey! So, I just got myself a Hepco and Becker tank bag. There are some good options, especially in the medium-sized range. I will have the products listed below along with some pictures of how it mounts. I just got my first bike, and I knew a tank bag would be the first thing I would add to my motorcycle. It is the perfect way to carry my day to day items safely.

The Hepco and Becker bags use a tank ring system which allows the bag to be magnetically attached to the bike. With the simple pull of a strap, the magnets disengage and the bag comes right off. The bag has the locking mechanism underneath that allows it to attach to the tank ring mount. The great thing about these bags is that they are somewhat adjustable when it comes to the placement of the bag. The mechanism underneath can be mounted in whatever position you need so the bag doesn't get in the way of the rider or the handlebars. There is a mounting channel under the bag that will allow some adjustability front to back for mounting. Let me know if you have any question of how it works or installs. Hoped this helps!

Hepco and Becker Tank Bags

Tank Ring Mount

FULL ALBUM

TwI2PCV.jpg

E7Yym8W.jpg

For the money spent, the Givi line of tank bags is hard to beat. Many sizes available, so you can find one that fills your needs and expectations. Tank ring mounting, whatever brand you choose, is the only way to go in my opinion. Based on owning other types in the past.....

For the money spent, the Givi line of tank bags is hard to beat. Many sizes available, so you can find one that fills your needs and expectations. Tank ring mounting, whatever brand you choose, is the only way to go in my opinion. Based on owning other types in the past.....

I had a Cortec tank bag that I swapped between an R1100S and a K12RS. It was a pain at fill-ups. Very hard to re-install. Went to a GIVI bag. Sooooo much better. VERY easy to re-mount the bag, EXCELLENT quality bag(s) (big selection).

Much better construction on the Givi, waterproof zippers, etc.

Hey buddy. I really like the RKA SuperSport MiniX with the flat bottom. Just the right size for some incidentals, and moves beautifully from the RT to the Duc to that beautiful airhead you sold me. Flips up with a quick click of the front retaining strap so refueling is a breeze. No handlebar interference from any of the bikes. Pure porridge, just right.

What Jake said. RKA bags are great and it is a small family business. I've bought 2 bags over the past 15 years from them and visited their place as well.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I've got the Touratech fitted, well I might add, bag. Flips up to fill the tank. Super easy once I turned the fill cover around too.

Lone_RT_rider
SW Motech City bag on my '15 RT...love it.

+1

I just checked their site. It looks like they do not make any of the attachment rings for the Hexhead or Camhead RT's?

Shawn

The Hepco Becker site had some great looking bags. Nowhere does the site say this bag fits XYZ models.

I'm actually thinking of getting the BMW bag for my 2018 RT. I bought an aftermarket bag for my 96RT and it was a great bag. Only problem was every time I cranked the handle bars to the left, the horn blasted. You sometimes get some nasty looks.