IGNORED

Who's a shopper? Looking for Schuberth

Tri750

I know the Schuberth C4 has been out for a while now, but in just casually looking, i haven't found any REAL deals on the C3-Pro.

Did I miss the close outs or are they still current ?

When the C3-Pro came out, you could get a C2 for a song.

I really WANT, not need one.

Any color in (brace yourself). 3XL only the C3 Pro will fit. The C2 not doable at all.

Where's the shoppers at ? Anyone trapped indoors due to rains, heat wave, locusts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Used crush washer collection in reward for the top shopper.

Thanks John,

Still a C3.

The Pro's are around 7ish so they must be keeping the 3 Pro and the 4 for now.

In the future, they may just have the 4.

Thx .

Bought mine in April, 2017. The C4 was just out but I did not think the integrated communications were a good deal. The C3 Pro was selling at reduced prices then, and size/color selection seemed limited at most online sellers, so I thought it was being discontinued at that time. Got mine from Revzilla, $490 for 2XL Observer Yellow. Revzilla still shows Matte Black, White and Silver at $629.

A Google Shopping search shows several vendors selling at prices from $385-500. I don't recognize the cheaper vendor's names - caveat emptor.

Edited by lkraus

Have you tried one of these helmets on? I only ask because when spending that kind of money what you think you want, might be a pain to wear. Literally!

Learned my lesson on a new Bell Star a couple years back. I will never buy a helmet that I have not fitted on my head ( or one just like it ) again!

You would be wise to get the date of manufacture from on-line seller. It you believe in the 5 years replace rule-suggestion and the helmet is 2 years old....getting 40% discount is all it's worth anyway.

Example...40% of 5 year life spent with 2 year old helmet. Price for new one $629 times .6= $377....unless of course you don't adhere to the 5 year suggested retirement.

Edited by Skywagon
RecentConvert

$Twist your dealers arm a bit. I picked up two C3 Pro in one of the upcharge graphics paint jobs for under $1100 for the pair.

The cheap helmets on Google Shopping are often from Europe and don't have a DOT certification sticker, if that is important to you. It was to me for insurance reasons.

Yes, I've tried the Pro for fit when i worked at a dealership that sold them. There's only so much you can buy at employee discount when you race, the race budget always comes first.

Can't beat myself up for not buying one before I left.

Not considering the EU sellers for that reason. thanks

The date thing, good point, I'll have to chew on that one.

Thanks all.

It's been a couple years since I researched the "five-year lifetime" rule, but I think most manufacturers consider that to be five years of use from the purchase date or in-service date.

Schuberth's five year WARRANTY starts on the purchase date, presumably they anticipate a longer total life.

Shoei's warranty is five years from purchase, seven years from date of manufacture, whichever is first.

EPS compresses mainly with use, degradation while sitting in a box is pretty minimal. Doesn't hurt to ask about manufacturing dates, but most online retailers probably will not have that information readily available. Check return policy before ordering?

Edited by lkraus
  • 1 year later...

I'm new to this forum and late to this thread but there is a company in Spain called Moto card it has phenomenal prices on schuberth helmets. I actually purchased one from them in silver double extra-large it was around $360 shipping to the US was around 40 and I got it right at $400 great deal fresh helmet also! Good outfit to deal with

8 hours ago, Krid said:

I'm new to this forum and late to this thread but there is a company in Spain called Moto card it has phenomenal prices on schuberth helmets. I actually purchased one from them in silver double extra-large it was around $360 shipping to the US was around 40 and I got it right at $400 great deal fresh helmet also! Good outfit to deal with

Who was the shipping carrier?

I avoid UPS because they will add self imposed charges for handling International shipments. No one else does this unless it's mandated as a duty fee listed by US customs.

Helmets are not subject to import duties from European countries. 

6 hours ago, 6speedTi said:

Who was the shipping carrier?

I avoid UPS because they will add self imposed charges for handling International shipments. No one else does this unless it's mandated as a duty fee listed by US customs.

Helmets are not subject to import duties from European countries. 

You'll also need to make sure that they have the DOT certification not just ECE.......it may be a less expensive helmet but if Mr Lawdog gets antsy and doesn't see the nifty DOT sticker,.....well, you may just be paying the difference in the savings.

39 minutes ago, Living the Dream said:

You'll also need to make sure that they have the DOT certification not just ECE.......it may be a less expensive helmet but if Mr Lawdog gets antsy and doesn't see the nifty DOT sticker,.....well, you may just be paying the difference in the savings.

That's not an issue.  With some states in the USA that are no longer mandatory for helmet use. 

Many helmets carry both certification and some only DOT. 

What does a baseball cap carry for certification? Just saying for those guys who ride without a helmet. Funny if I ride in a state where helmet use is optional and get stopped by a LEO for not having a DOT label on my helmet. So I take it off and ride on. That's legal.  

I read that helmet manufacturers are now starting to build and ship helmets without any certification emblem attached to the back of the helmet. You have to look inside the helmet for a label. So back to my original question, who is the shipping company used for this vendor? 🤔

59 minutes ago, 6speedTi said:

That's not an issue.  With some states in the USA that are no longer mandatory for helmet use. 

Many helmets carry both certification and some only DOT. 

What does a baseball cap carry for certification? Just saying for those guys who ride without a helmet. Funny if I ride in a state where helmet use is optional and get stopped by a LEO for not having a DOT label on my helmet. So I take it off and ride on. That's legal.  

I read that helmet manufacturers are now starting to build and ship helmets without any certification emblem attached to the back of the helmet. You have to look inside the helmet for a label. So back to my original question, who is the shipping company used for this vendor? 🤔

The point is that in states that do require the DOT cert sticker or interior cert label, it may behoove the buyer to ensure that the sticker is present.  If the helmet is predominantly marketed to the European arena, it likely won't have the DOT sticker.  I know some folks that have been ticketed for wearing their cruiser caps that DID NOT have a DOT sticker or had placed a counterfeit DOT sticker on the helmet......but, it's your world, do as ye please.

ECE requirements for testing exceed US DOT standards, so the helmet that can save a head in Europe will function similar in The States.  Just sayin'

47 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

ECE requirements for testing exceed US DOT standards, so the helmet that can save a head in Europe will function similar in The States.  Just sayin'

I hear that Americans have thicker heads so a DOT is better suited.

Just saying. 🙄

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, 6speedTi said:

I hear that Americans have thicker heads so a DOT is better suited.

Just saying. 🙄

So does SNELL, yet neither are legal per NHTSA FMVSS218 if they don't additionally have the DOT labeling......I'm just point out the legal side of the house, not the common sense side, wear what you want.

• Like 1

No dot Certification but that was a moot point for my Frugal butt Moto card arranged the shipping it was FedEx. I seriously doubt that I'll be getting hassled over lack of a d o t sticker on the back of my lid. Otherwise helmet is exactly the same as us model

I trust the ECE certification as much (or more) than I do DOT. If law enforcement is hassling you over a sticker, you were probably poking the bear in the first place.

Keep in mind that Schuberth USA will NOT assist you with parts, service or warranty claims if you have a Euro model. Overseas returns will be at your expense. I've had four different Schuberths and never had a need for anything after the initial purchase, but you should be aware of this difference.

5 minutes ago, lkraus said:

I trust the ECE certification as much (or more) than I do DOT. If law enforcement is hassling you over a sticker, you were probably poking the bear in the first place.

Keep in mind that Schuberth USA will NOT assist you with parts, service or warranty claims if you have a Euro model. Overseas returns will be at your expense. I've had four different Schuberths and never had a need for anything after the initial purchase, but you should be aware of this difference.

True.  I have three Schuberth helmets. I'm waiting for Black Friday crazy sales to pick up a C4pro.  My C4 is horrible. Had it for a year now. Noisy and uncomfortable on longer rides. My C3pro is the best upto now. 

4 hours ago, lkraus said:

Uh, noooo, it's nothing to do with poking the bear, but as I said, wear what you want.  I'm not saying that DOT is better, it's not, but DOT is what is recognized in the good old U. S. of A as the street legal helmet.

After slight modification I'm loving the C3 Pro even though I'm more of an arai head. I have to admit in over 5 4 years of riding I've never encountered a situation where I need to do a warranty claim on a helmet. This goes all the way back to the original open face Bell magnums Simpsons arai Shoei agv and Nolan. Hopefully my luck will hold out with this schuberth also. I would like to add however that I really appreciate all the good input from this forum and its members. Thanks again

6 hours ago, 6speedTi said:

True.  I have three Schuberth helmets. I'm waiting for Black Friday crazy sales to pick up a C4pro.  My C4 is horrible. Had it for a year now. Noisy and uncomfortable on longer rides. My C3pro is the best upto now. 

Although I do not get a finder's fee for this, I am willing to accept any commission offered with helping the sale.  :3:

There is one relatively cheap for sale in The Classifieds LINKY

Unless Black Friday proves to be more beneficial.  

I had my C4 imported from The Netherlands for about $800, shipped (inlcuding the SC1 and shipping.).  Within a month after that, the prices started dropping.  Oh, well. 

The color is Resonance Red, which I bought in August '18, fully aware that I would be buying a Mars Red Metallic bike in the future (Jan '19)  So I got that going for me, which is nice.

On 10/12/2019 at 7:11 PM, wbw6cos said:

Although I do not get a finder's fee for this, I am willing to accept any commission offered with helping the sale.  :3:

There is one relatively cheap for sale in The Classifieds LINKY

Unless Black Friday proves to be more beneficial.  

I had my C4 imported from The Netherlands for about $800, shipped (inlcuding the SC1 and shipping.).  Within a month after that, the prices started dropping.  Oh, well. 

The color is Resonance Red, which I bought in August '18, fully aware that I would be buying a Mars Red Metallic bike in the future (Jan '19)  So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Thanks but this guy has a size XXL.

That's too big for me. I'm a large.

I also use a wired sound system. Plug and go. Hate to be bothered with keeping batteries charged or having them die on the ride. 

On my C4 I removed their speakers and installed my own wired ones made for helmets. I wish Schuberth would have an option to plug in a jack to the already installed speakers. That would be so versatile and generate sales.

Just one more thing to add.

I went back to riding with my C3pro. Great helmet, fits well like a pillow. The C4 is going to get hung up on the garage shelf. Rode with it for a year. Not up to Schuberths expectations. I doubt I'll buy a C4pro anytime soon. In the meantime I suggest if your looking for a new or replacement helmet the C3pro is still a better fit compared to the C4. I'm not going to chance it on the C4pro. Good luck to all searching for a deal. Aren't we all? Lol.......

• Like 1