IGNORED

The Chic

TEWKS

Lone_RT_rider
I like that bike a lot. My first bike was a KZ1000.

Something like... :thumbsup:

I had a KZ1000 also. I got the bike at the age of 19. Somehow I lived to be 20. :D

KZ1000%20drag%20bike.jpg

I had a KZ1000 also. I got the bike at the age of 19. Somehow I lived to be 20. :D

KZ1000%20drag%20bike.jpg

I know that thought well, except I was riding a Suzuki. :eek:

Pat

kawasaki-kz1000.jpg

Pat

Mine looked just like that except in brown.

KZ1000%20drag%20bike.jpg

I know that thought well, except I was riding a Suzuki. :eek:

Pat

Pretty sure I'm here terrorizing you all today because in high school a guy at work decided NOT to sell me his KZ1000. I'd already eluded the local university Police on it when the older co-worker had loaned it to me. The constable red lighted me and wanted me to pull over for not coming to a complete stop in our neighborhood at an intersection. Silly Youth. I didn't have an motorcycle endorsement at the time, so I decided to do the skedaddle - with a passenger on the back no less! I hi-tailed it to dead end street that was a few blocks away and perpendicular to a creek. There were a series of dead end roads that terminated at the creek, with just a concrete drainage gutter going from the dead end to the creek. I didn't think the cop would try to follow me as I went GS'ing in the grass parallel to the creek, going down the slope to the gutter, over the gutter and up the grass. After 3 of these, there was a pedestrian bridge that crossed the creek and I'd be home free on the other side of the creek.

Whelp . . he tried to follow and as I tried to get up the embankment after the first gutter, the back wheel was spinning out and I lost forward momentum. I feathered the clutch and got up the hill and that was that. That Kz1000 scared me. It really did! But not enough to stop me from opening the throttle wide open every chance I got. Hey - I was young and still immortal. :ohboy::old:

That would have been my FIRST bike! I ended up buying a 450 a month later.

Another pic that made me go, Ooh! :grin: It's the same Chic Fairing but they added the Cafe seat. Just thought I'd share. :dontknow:

2018-07-10-15.04.27ed2.jpg

Pat