IGNORED

To The Man Who is Moving On - Thank you EffBee!

Jake

Oh no you don't! You don't get to post in the Announcements board without us getting a chance to add comments or send some smack back at you.

Huge Mondo Nando thanks for all that you have done for all of us in creating and nurturing this community over the years. The civility you have brought to this board could have been done by none other than you. Turning the tiller over to Whip is exciting news as he has been an engaged ambassador and clearly is passionate about our home - a rightful heir. Kudos.

That said, while you cite Cary, David, and Leslie - all BMWST Titans - this has been the home built by EffBee. This will always be your baby, and always was. I'm sure you are a proud Papa as you should be. Whether you were getting it done for all to see or doing your thing behind the scenes you have constantly exhibited the perfect recipe of leadership and ridership that has made this such an embracing online home for all of us. If there was a BMWST Mt. Rushmore, they'd have to put you on it twice.

As our friend would say, good on 'ya, for realies.

Thank you for everything.

Thank you FB, for your steady hand at the BMWST wheel! :thumbsup: Congrats Larry, no doubt there are fun times ahead! :clap:

Pat

John Ranalletta

Well written, Jake. Thanks.

We were privileged to see the hand off from FB to Whip.

Thank you, FB.

John

Lone_RT_rider

Thanks FB for all that you've done! This place has meant the world to me over the years. The friends I have from this board have carried me through more than even they know. Thank you for taking the reigns for the years that you have!

Does the BMWST.com jet take you away like Air Force one does after the president leaves office? ;)

Shawn

Thanks 'Nando... for the steady hand. The board has been "home" for so many of us over the years and I am sure "Whip" will carry-on... Thanks man... you did good...

..........Does the BMWST.com jet take you away like Air Force one does after the president leaves office? ;)

Shawn

BMWST's jet isn't anything like Air Force 1. It's a simple corporate jet reserved for Admin's, Mod's, dignitaries, and rally masters. :wave: So, please keep contributing to this forum so we can fly in style. :whistle:

And than you for all you've done over the years, FB! :thumbsup:

BMWST's jet isn't anything like Air Force 1. It's a simple corporate jet reserved for Admin's, Mod's, dignitaries, and rally masters. :wave: So, please keep contributing to this forum so we can fly in style. :whistle:

We fly in luxury, baby!

bmwst.jpg

Lone_RT_rider

We fly in luxury, baby!

I wanna see the FAA certs on THAT!!! :rofl:

BIG THANKS EFFBEE for all the great work you put into this site over many years!

It's still the best BMW forum by far and you can take lots of credit for that.

Now you'll have more time to eat the rest of the ice cream cone... :)

beemerman2k

Thank you for your excellent leadership and example, Fernando! While I am surprised to read of this move, I am very happy for both you and Whip :thumbsup:

Hmmm, surgery and a vacay and I come back to this?

:)

Yes. like Jake said, good job and best wishes for your future.

:thumbsup:

So, 'Nando, what are you going to do now that you are all grown up?

Well, first of all I'm going to continue to pray for a speedy and problem-free recovery for Laney.

Next I'm going to continue to simplify my life, and stop and smell the roses a little more (I could have smelled the roses in CA, but I think there's a tax on that, now).

And I'm going to enjoy all that I've worked an entire career to earn and achieve. At my pace. On my schedule. And hopefully with someone who feels the same way.

I've truly been blessed to have been given the opportunity to serve this board. I'll continue to do so for as long as I'm needed. Until then, you're all not rid of me yet. :revit:

Thanks. I left for a few (9???!!) years...and when I came back, it was just like coming home again. Thanks for what you've done over the years, and continue to do.

Fernando,

Best of luck to you & yours in the future! :thumbsup:

Leslie Edmonds did a wonderful job during her tenure (when I joined), then it was your turn & you took it another step forward. You have truly represented both yourself and this Board in the best way possible.

Nicely done, and very much appreciated. Every time you think it can't get any better someone like you comes along and it simply does.

Thank You.

Now it's Whip's turn, and judging by his history of contributions and participation I have no doubt he'll continue to take us further down the same road.

I'm proud to be a member of this group for so many reasons but certainly because of members like you guys.

Thanks for all you have done! This forum has been such a useful and civil resource for me since i got back into being a bike owner.

Slumgullion

I have been very impressed with the smooth transitions of leadership on this board. From the outside looking in it speaks well of the maturity and character of all the individuals involved. I too have made life long friends here and would be at a loss without this place to hang out with my buds and have a place to make new ones. I'm grateful for the time and energy you FB and your predecessors have invested and looking forward to supporting our new leader. Go Whip!!!!

Slyder_Steve

You've done a fantastic job 'Nando! Appreciate what you've done over the years keeping this board on track and going strong.

Steve

Previous BMWRT/BMWST Owners/Directors (in order):

Cary Littell

David Baker

Leslie Edmunds

However, one person cannot do this alone. The Admins listed below are the people who really run this place by:

• Scanning virtually every post

• Ensuring that each post is in the proper forum

• Research new member submissions over a series of IP, email and spammer-identifying websites to ensure they're not up to no good

• Communicate with foreign member submissions to ensure that despite coming up clean, they actually are who they say the are (spammers can be VERY sneaky)

• Read and ensure that each Classified submission meets the rules, before approving

• Communicate with those members whose ads don't meet the Rules, so they can modify and resubmit them

• Read and approve all additional content or price reductions/adjustments to existing ads

• Communicate with those whose additional content or repricings don't meet the rules

• Help people who are having problems logging in

• Handle the situation when someone's feelings get stepped on in a discussion/argument

• Deal with those who don't like some of the Admin Team decisions

(just to name a few of their duties)

AND, most of all they devise, discuss, develop and filter the heck out of any proposed changes to the board to ensure that they pass muster and are worthy and will truly serve the membership

Cary, David, Leslie and I get the credit. But these people have been OUR heroes. Selfless, dedicated, all hours, virtually every single day, no pay, just love and passion for BMWST and all its members. I've been proud to work alongside every single one of them.

OK, this is from my aging memory, so if there are some people missing, I apologize (send me a PM and I'll add you).

Present and former Admins over the past 20 years (in no particular order):

Mitch Patrie “Joe Frickin' Friday”

Mike Boomgarden “Mike”

Mike Greiff “greiffster”

Kris Besely "Buttercup"

David Mandell “Voodoo”

Denis Pavletich “Tool”

Howard Rush “Philly Flash”

John Spicer “Spike”

Gustavo Medellin “GJBike”

Russell Bynum “russell_bynum”

Jamie Edmonds “KMG365”

Andy Long “Boffin”

Greg Maiser “Gregori”

Matt Banks “bakerzdosen”

Ken Harbeck “Ken H.”

James Granberry “beemerman2k”

Kathy Rayburn “PaperButt”

Glenn Reed “Glenn Reed”

Phil Coppin “philbyTX”

Ed Grafwallner “eddd”

Steve Carr “Adventure Poser”

Every one of them deserves credit for how well this place has run.

Man, I have not visited the board forum for an undisclosed amount of time due to life changes and I come back for a ch3ck in and see this! Whip will carry that torch high I am sure! Enjoy your rest Larry. Something tells me that you may be back in the saddle again in some way.

Enfo

So, 'Nando, what are you going to do now that you are all grown up?

Well, first of all I'm going to continue to pray for a speedy and problem-free recovery for Laney.

:revit:

Next time I see youI will give you a big hug for that. You can count on it. :thumbsup:

And thank you for taking care of things around here even before it was official. I hope you slip into your new life pace and are happy.

But I have to let you know - I'm told that in about 5 weeks I'll have less hair on my head than you do. :wave:

I came to this site in 2000 when I was considering either a BMW R1100RT or Honda ST1100 . As a result or Cary's guidance and insight I opted for the RT and never looked back. This site has continued to be an amazing resource and place for guidance, information and friendship. The ownership changes for me have been seamless and the quality of the site has never faltered.

Thanks for all you have done and the extensive time you've committed to provide this great resource.

I look forward to the next ten or more years being a supporting participant here.

Francois_Dumas

THANK YOU Fernando! The only thing I regret is that I wasn't at the UNRally this time *cough* to tell you in person. I joined the board just before buying my first ever BMW RT and have enjoyed it ever since, although through a ridiculously complex private life I have been AWOL for quite some time.

I am sure we'll continue to hear from you both here and on that retched Facebook, and should you ever venture into Italy we are counting on a visit at our 'retirement farm'!

Be well my friend!

Fernando - my thanks as well for all of your valuable contributions to BMWST.com!! Thank you also for documenting the history of those that have made such significant contributions to the Board. :thumbsup:

FB glad to hear you are moving on the new life chapter. I would be jealous but I am not too far behind you on that path.

I had joined back when Cary owned the board and spent a lot of time here in the early 2000's. Then I sort of wandered away from the board due to my life commitments in the intervening years but came back regularly about three years ago and found that this place had remained the high quality board I knew from the early years.

Thank you for your leadership/stewardship of a very special online board and I'm sure it remains in good hands going forward.

What JohnH VA said, "BIG THANKS EFFBEE for all the great work you put into this site over many years!

It's still the best BMW forum by far and you can take lots of credit for that."

This board is a friendly, informative, and nurturing place in no small measure due to your influence.

I wish you all the best in whatever you choose to do.

Yeeha! Stephen

Well, well, well. Look what you find out if you lurk more than once a month!

Some really nice "Adios" testimonials there, which is funny cuz I was just looking at some original UnRally testimonials while cleaning up my documents file... weird!

(some long lost names in there - sniff sniff)

“Under cover of quiet engines and skilled riding, 179 members of the BMWRT On-Line, On-Road Community held its first annual national Un-Rally in Gunnison…” - Gunnison Times

"Gunnison Police Chief Jim Keehne said he was receiving "a much better reception than I got yesterday with another group of riders."

"People have met friends, lovers."- Cary Little

“I'm glad we could keep Wurty under control.”- Kathy R

“A gathering that was so much fun that even Sally, who hates just "standing around talking about motorcycles", had a great time.” “If you weren't there, you'd better make sure you get there next time.”- David “E.B.” Smith

“The Un-Rally was a Hoon's hoot.”- Jonathan Malthaup

“Last of all I learned that I really like all you guys and gals and would do this again in a heartbeat!!!”- Dakota Dave

“I don't think I've ever laughed so hard as that night at Pizza.”- Russell Bynum

“I learned that the people on this board are a mighty fine group of people...good-hearted, funny, giddy, and just downright delightful!”- 90% Angel

“I made new friends that will last a lifetime.”- Sierra Rider

“The 2nd Un-Rally is only 12 months away, and the Hell's Angels are waiting to find out where we'll be. Hope to see all of you next year.”- Philly Flash

"Wow, these people are really NICE"- G Floyd's Wife

“still not over Gunnison. What a great group of people.. had a great time… can't find words to describe it. A heartfelt thanks to those who made it happen.” – Steve Knapp

“The best was the greeting I got when I came in late Monday. Five or six burly guys run up and tell me how worried they were.”- Rojen

“Oh gosh...you want me to blow up the computer with my list of stuff I LOVED ? Geeze Louise…”- Kathy R

“Being with biker buddies who "understand"- Faster Pill

“Getting more hugs in three nights and two days than I usually do in a month… Hearing so many people talk about “next time”- Laney

“Knowing that whatever happens I've added a treasure trove full of memories… Where you gonna go tomorrow?”- MurayG

“all of the wonderful people meet, and the great scenery and memories that I will always cherish.”- Shelly

“Socializing with all the participants. Far too many to list all. What a great family!”- Sage Rider

“What will I find? Friends, food, rides. We all feel the love…”- Daryll

“Is that Sock Monkey draped around RD's neck?”- Chris NYC

“We broke bread. We broke barriers. We hugged. And we carved up roads that relatively few will ever ride.”- Fernando

“I picked a great time/ride to break my Touring Virginity.”- Airtire

“I just wish I could of been there to share the Love...”- Drake

“Now I'm really bummed because I missed it, like I wasn't bummed enough already.”- Ex-Hogwild

“I now know what I've been missing when this group has gotten together…”- MurrayG

“Several people wanted a copy of the girls of Gunnison”- Daryll

“still having fun, can't turn it off”- Big Mak

“Sun, breeze, road, soul. Imbibe, Friend.”- Dick Frantz

“Our ride last Friday just whetted my appitite for further riding in north Arkansas.”- Chris K

“Let's do some Arkansas. We can be there for lunch from Dallas.”- Brian Mc

“next year I'll be there for sure, even if Jim has to push me.”- Bpeterson

“The event was a wonderful experience. I am sorry for those that could not make it.

A lot of love and friendship.”- Old Rider

Hope you guys can make it next year…. See you at our next version..”- Marty Hill

“We were kicking butt, too, riding at a good clip and loving the cornering”- David B

“My ride got a lot more boring after we separated…Like I have said before. Can not wait until next year.”- Dakota Dave

“I *need* to do this again!”- kcl

“It's time to MOTO.

Bring your Ceegars

Bring your spouse

Just get yur ass out of your house.”- Wurty

“In the eternal words of Elwood, "It's a 106 miles. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it."- Brian T

“Bike is checked out - stuff is packed...I want to leave now!

Seeya there!”- Paul Milhalka

“OO! OO! OO! I can't take it!”- Dances with Roads

“Heads out… around 10:00 AM. You will be able to see us comin' from the cloud of ceegar smoke followin us.”- Christopher

“My name is Joe Friday. In this city... I ride an RT.”- Mitchell

“If you haven't left yet, you're not tingling already”- John R

“Ohhhh yeeah, boyee!”- Faster Pill

“Miss Vicki is packin' her side of the bike right now. My side was packed 2 days ago.”- Yeeha! Stephen

“Lookin' forward to meeting those who will be there & sorry to miss those who won't.”- CJM Kerns

“Life is Great.......Participate!!!”- Gleno

“BeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeer”- Greg Anderson

“I really owe Cary Littell… if it wasn't for him… I would still be on a stinkin Harley and it would probably chuck another headgasket.”- Wurty

Get your name chiseled on the wall-of-fame FB and enjoy Colo!

Yeeeehaaa!

Nando,

I thank you, Les, David, Cary (who I never knew) and all the moderators/admins over the years for continuing to make this very special community possible. It can't be an easy thing, so the commitment of your time and energy is greatly appreciated. I hope I actually get to meet you back east sometime in the not too distant future. It would appear that my new career path isn't going to afford me the time to ride out west for some time to come. Now that you're retired … what do you say?

Well, I say … THANK YOU!

EfBee its been great to be a member here during your time at the helm. your finger on the pulse will be missed. Trust the "new guy" knows he is stepping into a set of size 15 boots....

we hope for the best.

we'll be in touch...