IGNORED

More from the list of things I don't understand in life...

Twisties

I don't follow sports, but do have an interest in where we are with respect to stamping out domestic violence. Still, I am baffled by what little I have read of the Urban Meyer case... What is going here and what is it that people think Meyer should have done differently?

The issue will distill down to what he was obligated to do differently. In other words, it's not a matter of having an option or being given the latitude to decide whether he should have said anything. If he was aware of an allegation of abuse, he was contractually obligated to report it. These guys go way back and Smith has been a hot head for years. Urban has rescued Smith by employing him when no one else would touch him. It may not be provable that Urban knew about Smith's 2015 abuse allegations (which he denied on record), but it simply is not believable that he was unaware either.

It's not a huge guess to say that Urban is done.

Lone_RT_rider
It's not a huge guess to say that Urban is done.

Hailing from Michigan, I should be happy about this. Alas, I am not. I hate that anyone allegedly falters that has spent their lives work in one field and achieved such a prominent stature. It's sad that all his good work in Football will be tainted by this issue and a possible bad decision. If he did this, he really should have known better.

I believe the latest is he now says he reported what he knew to the AD and says he didn't handle the question correctly at the Big 10 media day.

I know, I know, but it's better than blaming an apostrophe.