IGNORED

Anyone use Motopumps Tire Infiltrators?

Cohiba54

The infiltrator I got has a pressure gauge and light built into it (Motopumps Mini Pro Standard). Yes it's a bit bulky to others I've had but then I don't need to keep up with an air gauge and a small flashlight. I'm pretty happy with it so far, I have manually back checked (old school) it's PSI reading and am confident of it's accuracy and the light is actually useful.

A little FYI.

I started riding in the late 60's, back then and for a good period I just wasn't all that worried about tire pressure, if it looked like it need air I gave it some.... That mindset changed when I starred riding a Concourse and hanging out with a bunch or other Connie riders around '89. They they would say your tires will last longer if ya run them "fat" meaning a couple of PIS over spec. and it paid off plus the bike hung the curves much better.

That has made me a bit OCD about tire PSI. Every bike I've had from the Connie forward had some place to stash a small infiltrator, air gauge and a flashlight of some sort. The RT not as much, net even space for a standard bike tool bag. Go figure.....

So some questions, If you have a Motopumps Mini Pro Standard, how do you like it? Do you feel it's accurate? and lastly, WTH do you do about stowing it on the bike?

Edited by Cohiba54

I know this doesn't quite address your questions but I've got one of their other inflators ... the Air Shot. Only used it once on an actual flat and it worked just fine. Takes a while to get the job done but it did it just fine after the tire was plugged. It doesn't directly have a pressure gauge on it but does have an additional port on it that can be used to check pressure. This is a bit smaller than the one you've purchased and I keep it along with the rest of my tire patching stuff in one of the side cases.

It looks like the same product I bought 4y ago under a different name, Dynaplug Mini Pro Inflator:

c24516d5-e903-4044-8142-61a34fa31922_1.2e492364b69d797d4f22e8c15.jpg

I've used it several times, the pressure gauge is quite accurate, the screw on chuck is ideal and I would happily buy another if I needed one.

Cheers

RecentConvert

Mine has been used several times while on the road. I removed the RT speakers and stow it where the left speaker used to reside. I would buy again.

It looks like the same product I bought 4y ago under a different name, Dynaplug Mini Pro Inflator:

I've used it several times, the pressure gauge is quite accurate, the screw on chuck is ideal and I would happily buy another if I needed one.

Cheers

Yep that's it, I think I read where both companies worked together developing the line of infiltrators specifically for motorcyclist. Glad to hear it's holding up.

Mine has been used several times while on the road. I removed the RT speakers and stow it where the left speaker used to reside. I would buy again.

Not too sure I'm ready to lose the radio yet, but a good ides.

I know this doesn't quite address your questions but I've got one of their other inflators ... the Air Shot. Only used it once on an actual flat and it worked just fine. Takes a while to get the job done but it did it just fine after the tire was plugged. It doesn't directly have a pressure gauge on it but does have an additional port on it that can be used to check pressure. This is a bit smaller than the one you've purchased and I keep it along with the rest of my tire patching stuff in one of the side cases.

I almost went with the Air Shot myself but liked the built in air gauge. Side case is where mine lives for now.

I have had the airshot a few years. It is a little slow but it will keep going long enough for large rears and even car tires. It fit under in the tail of my oilhead RT and now in the fancy under seat frame mounted motobags stash bag on the ducati. I wanted the gauge too but the small size won out.

Edited by szurszewski
I removed the RT speakers and stow it where the left speaker used to reside.

That's a very good idea. Do you have an RTW? I ordered my '16 w/o the audio package so have an empty space behind the left speaker grill. I've always kept the pump kit in my 28L trunk but could use the extra space. Thanks!

RecentConvert

I have a 2014 Wethead. I never used the speakers, or the stereo, or the Sirius XM so I removed the speakers to make space. The pump goes in the left side. A tire plug kit and select tools, and a spare bulb go in the right side.

Cheers

+1