IGNORED

August GA Lunch

Bernie

Well, I did again and asked TerryfromPerry to meet me for lunch today, Sunday 08-12-2018 in Moultrie, GA at Three Crazy Bakers.

I was able to twist the arms of a few guys to join me for the ride. Tim from Ft. Rucker, AL decided that it was as good as any excuse to go for a ride.

And of course Terry showed up. We also had RonM show up on his way home from GA Mountains. Ashley and Huzband decided to follow me the long way from Jacksonville, FL.

We didin't get a group picture, as everyone was in a hurry to get the bikes moving to get some cooling air moving.

But I was able to get a picture of the bikes waiting outdoors in the heat.

HAPN3hV.jpg

From the left it is Ashley's ST1300, My White R1200RT, Tim's R1200GSA-LC, Huzband's KTM 1190 ADV?, someone's Honda something, RonM's R1200RT and Terry's R1200GSA.

Yes, Huzband honored us with a live appearance, enjoying lunch next to RonM.

EuuI345.jpg

Terry was going to add some pictures of the food, but I am not sure if he was quick enough.

mXXsPFg.jpg

But I was able to get a picture of my food.

We had a great ride to and from Jacksonville and had a blast meeting up with some of the BMWST.com guys.

Looking forward to FART 2018.

PS: If the pictures don't show, let me know and I will redo it with a real computer.

:wave:

terryofperry

Great lunch Bernie. And you know I have pics of the food. Somehow I missed Tim's plate.

My Chef Salad

nRaHJ8q.jpg

Bernie's Guava wrap

9VYtw3u.jpg

Ashley & Danny .

bjO0VCy.jpg

Ron

jXLmhCf.jpg

Wonderful day on the bike, thanks for setting this up Bernie.

Terry

Edited by terryofperry

Well, we all know why you missed Tim's plate. He eats rather quickly, especially sitting next to you, Terry. I think he was worried you grab his steak wrap.

Sounds like a great tune- up for FART!

I am a little confused though. The last time you allowed me to meet you on one of your lunch rides, I was advised that I was breaking Southern protocol by having a grilled ham & cheese sandwich. I was supposed to have ordered something deep fried and covered in four inchs of gravy. Yet, looking closely, you all seem to be eating healthy.

What gives?

Edited by Indy Dave
terryofperry

Hmm. When in Rome Indy Dave.

Maebob's in Irwinton, hole in the wall, outside bathroom, salad bar is head lettuce, tomato, vinegar, only Cafe in the one traffic light town, coffee?...give us a minute to find the Perk-o-lator, good food. GREAT company.

Three Crazy Bakers in Moultrie, upscale, Powder room with Decor, salad has Romaine, cherry tomatoes, cheeses, variety of dressings, One-Way streets, Starbucks within walking distance, good food, GREAT company.

Terry

I will try to plan a little further ahead next time.

At the moment, I am not sure if their be another lunch before FART. But if, we will try to announce it.

Maebob's in Irwinton, hole in the wall, outside bathroom, salad bar is head lettuce, tomato, vinegar, only Cafe in the one traffic light town, coffee?...give us a minute to find the Perk-o-lator, good food. GREAT company.

Three Crazy Bakers in Moultrie, upscale, Powder room with Decor, salad has Romaine, cherry tomatoes, cheeses, variety of dressings, One-Way streets, Starbucks within walking distance, good food, GREAT company.

Terry

Hmmm. Something sounds fishy. Great Company both times?!? But I was only at one! And Bernie was at both. :wave:

Terry

Hmmm. Something sounds fishy. Great Company both times?!? But I was only at one! And Bernie was at both. :wave:

Well, Dave, let me try to explain what is happening here and why Terry called you out on your choice of food.

The event that you came to visit us in Irwington, GA is part of the SECFF (South East Comfort Food Finders) series of lunches. These where designed to be held during the colder period of the year. I now "colder period of the year" is a little deceiving, as what is cold for us folks in the SE of USA, is more like spring and summer for the northern folks. Anyway the idea is to consume food that will warm your belly and your soul. I guess our good buddy Terry doesn't think a grilled cheese will help with either one of those chores. He thought you needed a big bowl of Chili to go with that or a plate of stew and rice.

During the summer lunches, held during a time of year, where the temps average 90-100+ F in the shade, sort of require smaller meals with lighter fare to prevent the riders from falling a sleep after lunch. :rofl:

And as for the Great Company, I will make sure to include you in the email loop in future, so you can join us.

:wave:

Lone_RT_rider

EuuI345.jpg

It's ALIVE!!!!! :jaw::stir:

...... Hi Danny! :D

Yep, by the end of the day I had put in 500 miles of knobby flattening sport touring fun through some of N. FL & S. Ga's best back roads. Except those two yahoo's in front of me kept slowing for RR crossings. And I lost count of how many turns Bernie missed zinging through Osceola Nat Forest. Spoiled some big fun I tell ya. lol8.gif

Dang good brownies, but in retrospect I'm pretty sure I got Ron's Cuban. umph.gif

20180812_111350_HDR%281%29-X2.jpg

EuuI345.jpg

It's ALIVE!!!!! :jaw::stir:

...... Hi Danny! :D

Hi Shawn. I see you finally got a real bike in your sig line. icon10.gif

You should see me RideSmart it. ;):bike::ohboy:

It may be a requirement for that bike, unless you enjoy spark show.

Lone_RT_rider

You should see me RideSmart it. ;):bike::ohboy:

It may be a requirement for that bike, unless you enjoy spark show.

Bingo! I have only scraped once so far. It was the engine guard..... you can picture how.

terryofperry

"in retrospect I'm pretty sure I got Ron's Cuban"

The look on Ron's face says it all Danny. "What is this? Did I order this? I didn't order this! Is this a Cuban? Who got my Cuban?"

1YT9ADT.jpg

Terry

Danny if you got my Cuban then I got your Philly. The mistake not realized turned out alright because it got everyone free brownies and lemon squares. :clap: