IGNORED

Accessory Bar

Puddles

No, not the swim-up kind.

I wanted a place to mount my Garmin. Bought a bike-handlebar bracket but we don't have bicycle style handlebars, so I thought about how to mount an accessory bar above the gauge cluster. I found the shelves but did not like the look nor the price.

Several people very close to me have called it "rough" and "ghetto" despite these being unkind and politically incorrect descriptors. I call it "prototype." The production model will at least be wrapped in black duct tape, because we have very high esthetic sensitivities.

OqWyXc2JnhMaOOEGG2HuhrxS_geKoAecjb-cI5m2xdpFUFtDW09tPsQlyxQqzfmEeWLuaVDK-tqrl_gugO8sawSd86ZuTdy7LCYR0tDEPbL_rPUT5X-nrERD8f-GRnKlL09GABrOOMw8SmapcRwqkbEXTlGx-GTJiVAEg5o8DWwhwcnBcmgIQRxliAVGSR0lWDDflmmxF7Fwd3T6V4QA2pSrUSniPSlLMRAIkj7g_I9d7NvQBvE9tNl5_UMS7lsMOpNlUt46Sbw60aCv9eZd27sKazvKRovU2DiIKnsT39VujdgJkwreqIprwJdQ0gr2usTO5pEY1Alj1rJ3_sOLaTR95mbGTakD4j6jNKSd9iZLqrJZ3RXoq3WpvNiBOiuplNsHIhpKLrEtamEVbNz6LlWsRfleOD60Xa3mFES2i_tNb1ijWvvuUKZMdvAAHHLcyNwHqxyUwcxOQkYxxXibh_ABbJMV_m9nJildlgw_h8TdMG9O-RA2NfAWVKX5virp0By4DU7mgUCNq664C-5BfKZnGxawwCt_FcbxQiqNWkhpyqkEaZOGFCft9COy3ZoKQG8Ord8UCuSRIff_mOj2xuEOO1c6OtlnIyxFrNhFEUDr_xMTOEJarmtp84FuorqcO0raC7K75J3MTVXK2ToiBa3J-w=w500-h400-no?.jpg

kxxXYvOufYTqodVSAFflgx7upgF-4cEkBdYuB0cWC1wwZitTo4FRG-NPgO5oKri0BILJmEgVwR8Z7bbb2vuSszncDN4FhQblo4_bKHvda6vG1Z9pOiDVmGo51aq-NiU-T4DHmdWoYrlw3NUVXmD87TNm6vaubwBdlxVKGZJh-qnsrxEmGInDKLDJwZ6akWgqPqwDQG32b15V4RP3uPYpIhoOBd78QrpNVCWtydDN0NjP41knb53GPqZS8_MXW5uvDS7dgWkzd9wXUey-zdiTsQl1Uy4Nzf9hNpM6QJiLrTKZ0Ts0pRuH9TYYU5V5tk87pKGcM2kHT-e3kG4rwuQkjh-ODgIQTuU1zNYSB1yhaDHugh5MJgdXhPuQcuZlXcTiZqVn983KU8yf5HRi4zCLa-TiGmTT7ggHM5bRtAuLuUBNhM1w1wWNB0lFSZvJG5FfPA6n2ps76eH_orDN12FwSmuXRQxD0loLFFJQrg0RYR7oGiAuTN0UUEgdjHIjJgUp2i95ENK5VACYqklelQHt7akihOZ17oSaJXSOXBX_BJ21oNhO64HhLI2kBPseUG0j4RXUym0Nu7fPgWgdV2sbst4djyQcL4-9MliOzxK7LYMlh_5OjD4jau9Q8yR3Wk-UkB3gR6yJYXXFPNkReCC46cHnBw=w840-h630-no?.jpg

Mike Sawatske

Well I'll jump in.

Highly practical and innovative, however I join your family with Ugly, despoiling etc. Marvellous what we will do to old machines when the sparkle fades and there isn't a neat manufactured item to achieve what we want with newer gadgetry? AMHIK.

Can you see your tacho whilst riding? Or is it redundant.

You are brave in presenting it but as Tri750 has commented you have frightened away the knockers! Good one.

Maybe that instead, fixing a standard ball-mount bracket onto the handlebar's central bolts quadrant means your tank-bag obscures the phone screen. Mine doesn't.

Lone_RT_rider

This crowd is fickle. :) If you would have painted the whole thing flat black, they would have thought it was gorgeous. I say big applause for trying something, anything to make it work. Innovation comes in many steps, this is a good one. :)

This crowd is fickle. :) If you would have painted the whole thing flat black, they would have thought it was gorgeous. I say big applause for trying something, anything to make it work. Innovation comes in many steps, this is a good one. :)

Well said.

Puddlles , I really like it. You could slide the GPS down, ,and put a roll of paper towels on it for those unexpected sneezes in your helmet

Just teasing !!

As they say, necessity is the mother of invention Well Done !!

The paper towels unrolled really fast once I hit 88 mph :(

New PVC? It hadn't been previously used.... Just been lying around the shop for about 18 years is all....

I appreciate the kind comments and the silence. The rest of y'all can just go... spend your money on something silly.

It's as ugly as a chicken liver sandwich.

Get rid of the center bracket thing and it's looks will improve . I don't think you'll need it anyway, it's a pretty smooth area there, wind wise.

I've got a pretty funny story about chicken livers. Maybe I'll share it with you sometime.

I don't want to talk about chicken livers. Especially not ones sauteed in olive oil with garlic and rosemary. Damn it, so delicious! It's one of the two meats I really miss since becoming vegetarian.

I also have a funny chicken liver story. If you'd get those bicycles fixed, we could meet up for beer and tell organ meat stories.

Bicycle gig is done !

I don't drink . Not since I was 42 I think.

I had my lifetime supply finished off by then, then I could scratch THAT off the list.

Vegetarian ? In Fresno ? Woah. I trust the other is bacon , right ? right ?

ok just for fun....wire it up...put a couple of usb ports, some power ports, maybe even an inverter port there and it can be the one place you plug in all accessories. Lord knows I've never owned a bike that had all the outlets I need. Strangely enough....I kind of like it...powder coated black of course.

Edited by Skywagon