IGNORED

Instead of Picasa

SinNH

Over a hundred photos have disappeared from Picasa, and now I read Google is shutting down Picasa down. Cool.

I guess they call this a "Photo Editor".

Anyone like the one they are using? I need to find an app that is really easy to use, if possible.

Are you looking for another online editor?

Desktop, tablet, or phone app? Which operating system?

I don't have the patience to edit photos on my phone, even though my needs are simple - I need a mouse.

Usually, I just need to crop and resize pictures for a forum post. Plain old Windows Paint has worked fine for this, simple and quick.

Lately, I've been using Paint.NET, a free-download "donationware" program that adds many more options, but is still simple to use.

I've tried the complex, full featured editors like Photoshop or GIMP, but they are overkill for my needs, and I usually need a to keep a Help window open while editing.

Edited by lkraus
Over a hundred photos have disappeared from Picasa, and now I read Google is shutting down Picasa down. Cool.

Anyone like the one they are using? I need to find an app that is really easy to use, if possible.

Google pulled the plug on Picasa a long time ago.

That said, it still works, and I've yet to find a replacement that offers the features and ease of use. I suspect you may have misconfigured something if you are no longer seeing pictures indexed into Picasa.

Google pulled the plug on Picasa a long time ago.

That said, it still works, and I've yet to find a replacement that offers the features and ease of use. I suspect you may have misconfigured something if you are no longer seeing pictures indexed into Picasa.

Yea, so I'm finding out, I've used it for 8/9 years with no issues, worked for me, easy to download from flip phone, and upload to the web, using my desktop PC and Wind 7 OS.

I was hoping there was something out there comparable that some of you guys know about.

Oh well.

Thanks Steve

SinNH wrote: “I need to find an app that is really easy to use...”

Try TinyPic *link* - No sign-in & resizes for you.

1z6a4d3.jpg

Edited by TheOtherLee

Apple photos is good. Google photos not bad. Both do the basics including sharing.

Next jump is the new lightroom cc, excellent editor and organizer, cloud based, easy uploads, but subscription based.