IGNORED

Bridgestone T-31

SinNH

Just a heads up from this neck of the woods, the new T-31 Battleaxe I mounted today, was a ----very difficult ----mount. Very stiff sidewalls. I 've been hand mounting for over 40 years, the last ten using a No-Mar unit and know most of the tricks and methods. I realize that most machines are getting heavier so sidewalls must stiffen up I suppose, but for a 110/80 x 19 ? I was very surprised because the Bandit ( slow shipping, again) listed the 31 as "Soft" in two places. My records show I've run six T-30's and nine BT 021/23's, I like Bridgestone's but this T-31 was a different kettle of fish. Steve NH

I've run the Brid battlax 20's for at least 12 sets. Loved them!!. Tried the 21 not good. Been running the Mich pr2,3,4 now for 10 + years. Decided to try the new Brid Batt T31 this year and now have 6500 mil one them. Never again, the front squared off on the left side at 3 k miles and made riding interesting. The back should make 8 k miles. Back to the Mich pr 4 or maybe 5 for me.

I've run both T20's and T21's. No complaints from me, I prefer them over PR4's. The T-Tires don't get tippy as they wear like the PR's. PR3 is still my favorite tire. I agree they may ride a touch harder, but it's not enough to bother me. Mileage wise, I never get 5,000 on a pair of tires - I got 4300-4700 on my last set. I mention that because I ran lower pressures in the last set and got maybe 700 more miles, but there were so many variables - I used that set up in less than a month and on hot days I purposely reduced my speed and took more frequent breaks to try to conserve my rubber hoping to make the set last till I got home. I did make it home, but the tires were toast,

I have another set of T31's in the garage, after those I may give the Continental's another shot. They've had the quickest turn in of any tire I've tried.

Edited by Indy Dave