IGNORED

Hey you, your lights are too bright...

Twisties

...or they flash.

Yeah, I know, visibility is key. But is there a point when it becomes a hazard? I really find oncoming bikes with headlight modulators distracting, and I think they create a hazard. Lately, I've been seeing some super bright light bars, blinding even in full daylight. If I have to put my hand up over my eyes to block the light, I'd argue that safety is actually being diminished.... significantly.... for both of us and everyone else on the road.

There's a reason all of that stuff is not allowed on this end of the water.....

If I understand correctly, some of it is illegal here too, but there is no enforcement to speak of.

I find the newer Harley's annoying bright. Coming home from the UN, I saw several big rigs with super white lights. Being so high up they

were blinding to on coming traffic.

Seems my Clear water's on high are also bothersome even with the amber lens. I get flashed until I turn them all the way down as low

as they can go. However out here on the prairie when no on coming I need all the light I can get. The dark just swallows up light.

Years ago I was driving my 1973 Dodge van home from Colorado on a 2 lane in Kansas next to a railroad. No other traffic so I had the 7" Hella 100 watts

on high and the Hella bumper mounted road lights on too. This was an amp drawing, wire melting set up. The 100 amp alt. was doing its thing

and the amp gauge showed 50 amps. On coming train on the tracks, who knew they had high beams.?? :dopeslap:

The flash was like the sun and I shut down my light show fast!!

When I was a teen in Washington they enforced the laws regarding forward facing additional/off road lights pretty heavily. Doesn't look like they do at all anymore. Lots and lots of led light bars up here - used to require an opaque cover on road, but I haven't seen any of those and lots of folks run them day and night. Maybe the laws have changed?

Remember the days of before halogen headlights? Or should I say "Quartz Iodine"? Two dim little 7" round lights. As if the bias ply tires and drum brakes weren't enough to make you slow down....

Remember the days of before halogen headlights? Or should I say "Quartz Iodine"? Two dim little 7" round lights. As if the bias ply tires and drum brakes weren't enough to make you slow down....

Nope.

The drop in price for LED light bars has prompted a lot of this. I met a Jeep the other day in broad daylight who had a LED bar that spanned the width of the windshield. Hurt my eyes.

But then again, I'm an old phart and sometimes a little grouchy. :old:

Francois_Dumas
The drop in price for LED light bars has prompted a lot of this. I met a Jeep the other day in broad daylight who had a LED bar that spanned the width of the windshield. Hurt my eyes.

But then again, I'm an old phart and sometimes a little grouchy. :old:

g

Aren't most of us here !? :grin:

Some studies show modulators increase "conspicuity".

Duh.

But nothing I find about increased safety.

Plenty of anecdotal however about decreases in "pulled right out in front of me"

and left hand turns.

I don't like them.

But, like a bad haircut, you don't see it, they do.

So?

:S

I had 2 sets of driving/running/fog lights on my GT so I could light up a huge triangle of light.

Just like driving a school bus (done that) there are those who do WTF they want no matter what when driving.

The light bar at higher levels is annoying.

I think it creates a negative reaction or feeling in cage drivers.