IGNORED

Motus is no more

MikeB60

Like many of the comments on the link, price was a big barrier. I was an early follower even before the original price was being quoted. I remember asking as part of a pre-owner session and getting an email from either Lee or Brian saying it would be 'competitive ' with a premium Harley at around $30 K .

As a new second gen K1200GT owner at the time costing maybe $10 K or so less .... WTF ? I lost interest quickly. Nice product, way overpriced.

Shame, technically a fantastic motorcycle. Bad timing, They were about 15 years too late. Visited with a Motus rider at the SLC National. He said the bike spent a lot of time in their shop.

I didn't realize they'd been around 10 years. I applaud the effort and attempt, but never felt the cool motor was going to solve any great market void, let alone at that price point.

I didn't realize they'd been around 10 years. I applaud the effort and attempt, but never felt the cool motor was going to solve any great market void, let alone at that price point.

Morning Indy Dave

It's probably been 10 years from start of development but the first model year (I think) was around the fall of 2014 (give or take) . I rode an early 2015 & not sure if that was the first model year or there was a preceding 2014 (earliest that I have ever seen was a 2015).

The bike might die off but I'm guessing the engine will live on as it is a sweet little powerplant that has a great fit for other uses like small race cars, performance 4-wheelers, & possibly some small boat type applications.

Sorry to read this news. I really enjoyed my test ride, but I had a hard time justifying the price for a bike with no ABS and a "cruise control" that was little more than a throttle lock. I really wanted to see what refinements they could add in Phase 2.

Edited by lkraus

As others have said, for me the price coupled with the lack of amenities made it a no-go. I'll admit that the motor was pretty neat, but there was nothing else about a Motus that made me want to put my money down for one. I'm sorry that they couldn't make it work, but given the very limited market appeal coupled with the current decline in motorcycle ridership in the US, I'm not surprised they've hit some obstacles.

I have one 2017 MSTR. it does everything well. It has the best components available and a rock solid V4 motor. Almost no maintenance beside oil and filters. It is a joy to ride in the twisties or highway. Yes, if it was priced a bit lower , they would sell more. But once you buy one there is nothing to add on.. It is a power house at 180 hp and 126 foot pounds of torque, 8200 rpm red line. Like my old 1150 oilhead, the longitudual crank and low CG allows the bike to roll in an out of corners effortlessly,. Olin shocks, Brembo racing brakes and levers, Sargent seat, clearwater lights, carbon fiber body and wheels, 20,000 mile chain and sprockets, roller cam, blue printed, titanium valves, just to name a few components. All maintenance can be done by the owner with simple tools included under the seat. Oil filters are available at any parts store. I had 2 BMWs with ABS, nice to have but not a deal breaker in any way for me. Who knows where things will go for now, but glad I now have a limited addition model at this point.. It is a true sport tourer.. I have owned many bikes over 35+ years and this is the best yet...