IGNORED

Rubber Bumper reattachment

don_k

Looking for opinions and suggestions folks. I have the oversized case lids on my R1100 RT. One of the rubber bumpers on the side of the case was pulled part way off. What glue or addesive's would people recommend to reattach it with?

Thanks in advance.

Looking for opinions and suggestions folks. I have the oversized case lids on my R1100 RT. One of the rubber bumpers on the side of the case was pulled part way off. What glue or addesive's would people recommend to reattach it with?

Thanks in advance.

Afternoon don_k

Personally I usually use black super weather-strip adhesive (commonly called Gorilla Snot).

That weather-strip adhesive is used commercially to hold moldings, weather strips, rubber bumpers on to automobiles.

Super weather-strip adhesive is not the cheapest to buy for a single usage (like your bumper) but it has MANY other uses around the home or garage.

If you don't want to buy a tube yourself, then cart your case & cleaned rubber bumper to about any local auto body shop, or repair shop, as

most will put a dab on your rubber bumper without charge if you ask nicely.

Once you reinstall the bumper just use a piece of masking tape to hold it in place until the weather-strip adhesive dries.

You can get 3M automotive trim adhesive tape at most auto parts stores. Or Amazon. It comes in variety of lengths and widths.

Completely remove the trim piece, remove all residue of the old tape. wipe it all down with some alcohol, or soapy water. Put the tape on the back of the trim, peel up the backing, then carefully line it up... and commit.