IGNORED

Silver City is a Go!

We've gotten together before in Silver City, NM in October, and all seemed to enjoy the area's roads and scenery. So let's do it again. Short notice, but here are the basics:

Arrive Thursday, October 18, depart Sunday the 21th.

I've read up on a few places to stay and decided the Drifter Motel looked interesting. It is an older place, but has good reviews, it's been updated, and has a real restaurant on site where we can order a real breakfast...and that is included with the room. There are other restaurants within walking distance of any of the mentioned motels.

Drifter Motel

711 Silver Heights Blvd, Silver City, NM 88061

(575) 538-2916

If you prefer different lodging these three are clustered just a few blocks away:

Comfort Inn

Quality Inn

Motel 6

I'll know in the next couple of days.

Your accomodation suggestions are great ! But if I go I'm feeling adventurous and I'll be at the The Murray Hotel

Museum and Brewery are walking distance

I'll meet ya'll for the rides.

I'll know in the next couple of days.

Your accomodation suggestions are great ! But if I go I'm feeling adventurous and I'll be at the The Murray Hotel

Museum and Brewery are walking distance

I'll meet ya'll for the rides.

I considered the Murray and the Palace Hotel, another historic hotel that we stayed at a few years back, but I thought the lack of parking might be an issue for some. They are located in an interesting part of old Silver City.

Yes, as a central meeting hotel it definitely is lacking in parking so probably not a good choice as a group. But since I'm not a big breakfast person, I'm Ok being off the main event path.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This will be the Last Tour of the Elephants.

Yup. The ole LT will have her last hurrah this trip. Replaced with a 2013 k1600 GTL that will make her debut at DVD after I Todderize her.

Edited by graydude

Yup. The ole LT will have her last hurrah this trip. Replaced with a 2013 k1600 GTL that will make her debut at DVD after I Todderize her.

Are you going to transfer your license plate to the new ride?

medium800.jpg

Are you going to transfer your license plate to the new ride?

medium800.jpg

Yeah but this one will not have been graffitied Kinda weird you have a picture of my rear but whatever.

No reverse, and no electric center stand on the k1600????

No reverse, and no electric center stand on the k1600????

Nope. She is a very primitive with only 160 HP.