IGNORED

Science Care Body Donation

Endobob

At my age, I have already had my mother, father, a sister, and many friends that have died. Prior to my father's passing at age 97, last September, he made it clear that he wanted to be cremated as had been my mother 4 years earlier and my younger sister almost 30 years prior. In my search for options for this I came across - Science Care - This turned out to be a wonderful experience for our family. When we notified Science Care of his death, with in a few hours they were there to take care of his body. Within 6 weeks we received a full accounting of the research and tissue banks his remains had gone to and supported. Within the next few weeks we received his remaining cremated ashes. Extremely professional and absolutely no cost!

I am making this post after opening my mail today and finding a nice message from Science Care noting the 1st year anniversary of my father's death. The message opened with a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote: "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail". It went on to say, "a tree has been planted in honor of your loved one as part of Science Care's participation in the National Forest Foundation's Trees for US program.

Check with any local medical schools. My father was graduate of U of M Dental School and when he died 10 years ago we donated him (at his request) to U of M Medical School. They have a memorial park for all of the persons who do so.

I never planned to take up space in the ground after I'm dead. I'm also cheap, so no funeral costs do I want the family to incur, nor do I want them to have to pay for my disposal. My wishes since I met my wife over 20 years ago was full body donation, if my family want my dust back, so be it, they can spread me in the yard, if not, I'm ok with that too.