IGNORED

SHAD luggage

randy

I am thinking of buying some SHAD luggage. Top case and hard side cases. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with SHAD products. I am looking at their 3p system mounts and cases.

I bought their side cases. They will hold a full face helmet. However, they are not nearly as good as BMW side cases for loading other items. They open from the side like the BMW, but they have a 'shelf' that was designed to hold a helmet. It's very hard to load them full with clothes or camping gear. I broke the attachment in a fall and was able to replace it without much trouble. customer service was OK. I would not buy them again as I very seldom store my helmet in the side case. Check the pictures carefully to determine if they meet your needs.

I bought a SH-58X and like it a lot. The mounting system is great, expandable feature works well. It's considerably cheaper than OEM. Highly recommended.

I have the OEM side cases so can't comment on Shad's side cases.

yes I am pretty much sold on the 58x so glad to hear your experience

to be honest I do not have many choices. I ride a S1000r and there are no OEM options. However I believe I can adapt the SHAD S1000XR side bag mounts to the S1000r so I will just have to live with the side bag issues. basically SHAD side SH-36 are really my only option.

That Shad SH-58X would be my next topcase on a touring bike. I really like the concept and so far no big problems with leaks seem to have come up. While I like my factory BMW topcase, I simply won't pay that much again for one.

BMW contracts with Shad to make the side cases for the R1200R / R1200RS.

I don't have any complaints with the quality of those on my RS. Fit and finish seem on par with the bike itself.

interesting about the R1200RS. I will head over to my local BMW shop and check it out. Yea, to be honest with a 58L top case and two 36L side cases I am good to go. No need for a rack. But nice to hear real world use results, thanks