IGNORED

FART Check in

RandyShields

Home in time for football. After such great weather the last couple of days, I was surprised to run into an isolated T-storm on the way home. It was intense and caused some road flooding, so I got my GS route in today. As we know, no two rides are ever the same! Also found a new great road -- East Fork Road -- between US 64 near Rosman and it comes out on 278 above Caeser's Head. Wonderful to see everyone again and meet some new faces. Looking forward to START where we can do it again!

Randy

Home at 3pm. The week ended as it started with rain in New Orleans but even with that what a great week of riding. Thanks to Ken I and Dave D for a great event and GREAT routes, and thanks for Ken M for leading great rides all week. Looking forward to START already.

Back in Atlanta.

Some rainy day photos.

TwistyGuy (Peter) is in the two photos with the BMWSportTouring barn. How dare that barn owner take our sign down :rofl:

i-Cwjvdmp.jpg

i-2Fqhdh5.jpg

i-LPngr4N.jpg

i-DGbn23W.jpg

i-ZFKqJn6.jpg

i-89DRTfg.jpg

i-P8Gw6Dh-XL.jpg

i-tPkMtjH-XL.jpg

Home at 2pm and on the lawnmower by 3!! I just can't get enough seat time. For all the rain forecast for the FART dates I was in 30 minutes of rain. That was AWESOME!! It was so good to see everyone.

I thank everyone I rode with for putting up with my poki-ness. I didn't realize how much the accident got in my head. I was improving everyday but I think I am 2/3rds the rider I was this time last year.

Alan

Mark (Marcopolo) and I are both at our respective homes safely after 550 miles of interstate highways. What a fantastic FART! :clap:Great location, roads, and best of all wonderful fellowship with BMWST friends!

Once again, can not thank Ken for the wonderful routes and both Ken and Dave for putting in the time and effort to arranging these BMWST events for the rest of us! :clap: :clap:

We just got home after many detours. Checked out some state parks and campsites up in NE GA. Then we rode over towards Elijay. The Richard B, Wolf Pen, and hwy 60 were polluted with bicycle racers. We discovered that too late for Richard B, but diverted at Wolf Pen to do Blood Mtn to avoid the bikes. Of course that had like a parade of slow pokes on it. A Friggin parade of clowns, I swear.

Then we hit a friggin parade of very old slow pokes with questionable driving abilities, but fueled by what I can only describe as an apple frenzy, our last 17 miles to Elijay. That was the longest 17 miles ... driving 10-15 under the limit, and unable to pass for the very long lines of slow pokes going both directions.

We finally had an excellent late lunch on the square in LIJ, followed by fantastic ice cream. We'd been hot hiking to/from the 1st & 2nd overlooks at Tallulah Gorge. We were hot riding on the fun roads. We were hot riding behind the apple-frenzied old folks. So, we deserved the ice cream.

Yeah, yeah! We deserved it!

Thanks to Ken and Dave for setting everything up for the rest of us. Thanks for all who shared their alcohol! Thanks to all who shared their company!

Edit: Thanks to Bob for sharing his credit card number! :rofl:

Edited by TyTass

Easy (and dry) ride home. I took 76 west from Clayton to the top of 197, which I hadn't ridden in a while, and reminded me what a fun road it is. Stop for espresso and fuel in Cleveland, then backroads to Dahlonega; pulling in around 11:00 to a house with a hungry cat.

I'm glad I didn't believe the weather forecast for this weekend — no rain anywhere I rode Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Good to see Old Farts again and swap lies. Hope to see y'all again at START.

I made it home at 12:30. Rode over to Highlands for a coffee at Buck's and then 107 up to 23 and over to 209 and up through Hot Springs. Nice ride home. Thanks to Dave and Ken and all the participants for another memorable event.

I left Sat morning and had a wonderful ride. Some early fog but cleared up in Tenn where I took 2 lanes for 250 miles. I forgot

how twisty rt 30 and some other roads were. All had new pavement and no traffic.

Hit I 40 and for awhile all was good. Must have been NASCAR tryouts as packs of 3 to 4 cars would blast past at 90+ then.....

Lost over an hour sitting in traffic. I was so mad I just rode all the way home ,925 miles. Got in at 2230 hrs. Felt great.

Thanks Ken and Dave for setting this up. It was good to see ya'll again .

Special thanks to Bob for starting the pizza night tradition. :clap:

Hit the road at 5:30am, soaking wet by Macon, and home around 12:30pm. Many thanks to Dave and Ken for all their efforts putting this event together twice a year.

The weather during this trip varied from blazing hot, to pouring rain, and dead perfect (Saturday).

Great seeing so many of you again.

View of the BRP on Thursday

i-D2jQTvT-L.jpg

Saturday

i-vtMbN8w-L.jpg

i-FWC2QZT-L.jpg

Dave...

I pulled out at 7 AM and after riding through several heavy, but short rain showers arrived at home around 3:30 PM.

A big thank you to Kinsley and Indy Dave. You guys did a perfect job and after some minor adjustments, you guys even where able to fix the weather.

Also a special thank you to Endo Bob for organizing and starting a new START/FART traction with his sponsored Pizza Night on Thursday evenings.

IndyDave, don't loose that credit card number. :rofl:

I have had a great time riding the Kinsley routes and exploring the different roads. :thumbsup:

Also I finally made it to 12 Bones Smoke House in Asheville, NC on Thursday (new location, Google it or search your Garmin/BMW GPS).

NPJdCCm.jpg

My favorite spot to stop on Friday for refreshments:

2QoEtpt.jpg

Thanks to Ken, and Dave, for all their efforts in organizing a memorable FART'ing experience. The routes, riding and company were great. As for the weather, it was much better than I had expected. Friday, Saturday. and the ride home on Sunday, were rain-free.

It may have been said before, but there's nothing like a great big FART!

So great to see everyone, I always lament departing the 'ART's and leaving behind a great bunch of folks and roads. If " laughter is the straw to a downing man great roads are a straw to a drowning man ", I had sustenance to look forward to on my route home. For any of you who have been following my misadventures adventures, it should come as no surprise that Yours Truly found himself on dirt not long before my departure, and again back in Indiana - where my initial excitement at finding a true goat path turned to frustration as the road closed and things were wet to turn around in.

Kinsley and I enjoy these gatherings as much OR MORE that anyone - even more so now that Endobob is sponsoring Pizza Night on Thursdays! Thank you all for continuing to come back!!

N.C. Gravel

vlcsnap-2018-10-01-10h31m33s696.jpg

Overjoyed at finding this gem of a goat path . . . .

vlcsnap-2018-10-01-10h22m25s147.jpg

vlcsnap-2018-10-01-10h22m02s669.jpg

vlcsnap-2018-10-01-10h21m43s361.jpg

Apparently THIS is where my road was supposed to go?!? WTF!

vlcsnap-2018-10-01-10h23m14s134.jpg

Thinking to road went on, I kept going :dopeslap: , only to find a rising road that deadened into a farm. A bit tricky sinking while extricating myself from the road and getting the girl turned around.

vlcsnap-2018-10-01-10h23m52s179.jpg

We arrived safely and w/out incident.

Kudos to Ken and Dave

We heard nothing but happy tales of the ride trails.

.Beautiful weather.

Beth and I enjoyed seeing everyone, so many wonderful stories to share.

Thanks to all.

Best wishes until next time.

I talked to Scott yesterday, it will be later this week before the shop has a chance to look at the bike. 'It's a process' he remarked. obviously he's feeling quite fortunate that he bought the extended warranty.

I'll be sure to post when I find out some more information. Scott had a good time and enjoyed meeting everyone.. Thank you all for making him feel welcome.

Submitted photos - in addition to those already posted:

Twistyguy:

peter%205.jpg

peter%203.jpg

peter%206.jpg

peter%201.jpg

peter%202.jpg

Bernie:

bearnie%202.jpg

bearnie%201.jpg

bearnie%203.jpg

bearnie%204.jpg

bearnie%205.jpg

bearnie%206.jpg

Bernie Cont:

bearnie%207.jpg

bearnie%2010.jpg

bearnie%208.jpg

bearnie%209.jpg

Dan:

dan.jpg

todd%20%20dan%20submitted.jpg

20180928_131732.jpg

dan%20submitted.jpg

The Twins & Son

twins%20and%20son.jpg

the%20twins%20again.jpeg

bernie%20%20sstwin.jpg

Kinsley:

ken%20and%20nikki.jpeg

ken%201.jpg

Foot:

alan.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
Almost like being there. :whistle: No, no it isn't :facepalm: but hey, I really enjoyed the pics! :clap:

Pat

At least you didn't get wet.

Bernie, if I had the choice I'd of chanced it. ;)

Pat

Thanks to Dave & Ken for making for a great big FART! Sorry I missed seeing everyone due to the fact I headed to Va on Friday to attend my Grandson's FIRST birthday party. I had a ball! I returned to Atlanta Monday afternoon after 1700 miles miles.

A few more photos from the road . ..

Indy Scott (6th gear)

scott%20dragon.jpg

BMW Ken and Indy Dave

2220182.jpg

Marcopolo

marcopolo.png

Endobobdds

endobob.jpg

Indy Dave :ohboy:

2220181.jpg

2220179.jpg

And a few videos ...

This one from our ride from Gadsden, AL to Dillard on Wed - a good mix of fog, leaves, moisture and steep elevation.

And run up to the BRP:

Hello Everyone,

Dave and I want to thank everyone for their photo contributions of a great FART. They make for lasting memories for those who were there and they tell a story of our gatherings for those who could not attend. We had a hard time deciding who should get the prize (a $25 Gift Certificate from Bob's BMW)

There were several contributors who really tell their story well, but BMW_Ken's photos won the day this time.

Congratulations Ken! Dave and I will get your prize to you soon.

That had to be a hard selection, there were a lot of good pics that told a story. Which of Ken's won?

Really, it was the collection, but one that stands out is the one of the large group in front of the waterfall. Of course, it helps that you were in most of them Dave :clap:

As Kinsley said, it was a very hard decision - the photos you all contributed this year were fantastic, and we wish we had more prizes to give away. Thanks again to all who submitted photos!

Speaking of Ken, turns out he's quite photogenic himself, here he is reciting some poetry in motion:

RandyShields

Wow, a 10 minute video of riding the Tail of the Dragon !! That would be an average of 65 mph and set a new motorcycle land speed record. Or, maybe, the lovely video was edited down so it wasn't the entire 11 miles. I guess that is possible.