IGNORED

Remember the 82 Katana 1000?

TEWKS

IT'S BACK! :grin:

Well, not exactly and not for at least another year. Looks like Suzuki is attempting to cash in on the nostalgia market too. I never could wrap my head around the styling of the original bike, similar thoughts on this one I guess. I'd rather they chase the GS1000 S style instead. :Cool::dontknow:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2018/10/suzuki-unveils-2020-katana-speed-and-comfort/

100218top-i.jpg

Pat

Another "Butt" ugly bike :P Maybe this is the style the Millenials like. Now, the Kawa 900r would look good in my garage if I still rode bikes like that.

I like the looks of the original Katana. I'd rather look at it than ride it. The standard '83 GS1100 was way better in the looks department as well as being a better bike. The new Kat is another modern bike with the stumpy seat set-up that sucketh greatly in the real world.

Remember the BMW R650LS, it was designed by Hans Muth who also drew the Katana.

BMW%20R65LS%2082%20%202_zpsdmyitnyj.jpg

My friend's Katana back in 82. I was young then and remember that bike being very uncomfortable. Guess comfort wasn't the objective. :dontknow:

edc4c73d-7a3a-4d59-a04b-45101df1d81e_zpsaxm9lgjf.jpg

Pat

Dennis Andress

It's funny how over the years what a bike looks like has become more important then what a bike can do...

John Bentall
It's funny how over the years what a bike looks like has become more important then what a bike can do...

This must be the reason why so many young folk choose to ride with a backpack, rather than use luggage of any description.

I saw a message recently along the lines of, "I am so worried what my bike would look like with a rack but no top-box (when my passenger is not using it to lean against), that I think that I should consider throw-over saddlebags".

Madness!