IGNORED

Hi from Suffolk, UK

Bury_Dave

Hi All. Picking up a 2006 ST in two days time. Very excited ! This bike should tick EVERY box for me apart from off-road riding. Previous bikes include Honda TL125, Kawa W650, R1150GSA, F800GS, Kawa W800, F800GS (again ...) & BSA B40 WD. Done quite a bit of touring in Europe and Scandinavia and looking forward to doing a lot more now I have the perfect bike to tour on. Nice to be aboard

Greetings Dave -

Bury St. Edmunds! I used to live in Soham during my USAF days back in the late 80s, just up the road. Sure do miss it and am planning a revisit. Welcome to the board and enjoy that ST!

Hello and welcome to the group.

BSA B40 WD!....Do you still have a drawer full of British Standard Witworth wrenches?

My wife keeps on asking when I'm going to get rid of that box in the corner with those old wrenches. I say never!

Thanks for the welcome.

Picked my bike up on Saturday and drove home in some atrocious weather. 3 hours in torrential rain on unfamiliar roads ( mostly motorways) that were congested with poor visibility and unable to see white lines and cars etes a lot of the time due to the amount of water and spray coming up ftom all the cars.

Despite all that on an unfamiliar bike, all went well. A little tiring , my only complaints are the height the windscreen oushes air at you ( i was wearing an open face helmet !) and the bars being so low.

Have bought a full face helmet and raised the bars to the highest position. However i think i'll be looking to raise them a bit further (which no doubt will cost me ) in order to get all-day comfort.

Crackingly good bike !!