IGNORED

Need to reset Service Warring

Cohiba54

Doing an oil change tonight on my RT. Anyone have a GS-911 diagnostic tool and willing to reset my service warring? I'm in the Richmond Texas area.

Your signature doesn't say which year RT you have (although the fact that it HAS a service indicator is a clue that it's not an 1150. I'm not sure what generation started having one), which will matter for compatibility with different generations of GS-911. Some use the 10-pin round connector, while post-2015 bikes use an automotive OBD-II connector.

Here is a link to a convesation using an android app called motoscan instead of the 9s-911. I have yet to buy the adapter cable for my bike but I already have an OBDC scanner module.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/app-review-motoscan-f%C3%BCr-bmw-motorrad-the-1000-word-edition.1130770/

It seems like that's for the newer bikes and it's android only. Carly is supposed to work with them, but you have to buy their adapter and app and that's already nearly $100. Not sure if anything non 911 will work with the pre 2014 bikes.

Here is a link to a convesation using an android app called motoscan instead of the 9s-911. I have yet to buy the adapter cable for my bike but I already have an OBDC scanner module.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/app-review-motoscan-f%C3%BCr-bmw-motorrad-the-1000-word-edition.1130770/

It seems like that's for the newer bikes and it's android only. Carly is supposed to work with them, but you have to buy their adapter and app and that's already nearly $100. Not sure if anything non 911 will work with the pre 2014 bikes.

Ponch, I would suggest that you read that thread carefully! There are tons of information there, and Carly was just a small part of the thread. The very first post was the most important one, and I would say that most of the guys talking in that thread had bikes older than 2014!

Your signature doesn't say which year RT you have (although the fact that it HAS a service indicator is a clue that it's not an 1150. I'm not sure what generation started having one), which will matter for compatibility with different generations of GS-911. Some use the 10-pin round connector, while post-2015 bikes use an automotive OBD-II connector.

It's a 2015 R1200RTBill and I added to my profile. Thanks for the info.

Ponch, I would suggest that you read that thread carefully! There are tons of information there, and Carly was just a small part of the thread. The very first post was the most important one, and I would say that most of the guys talking in that thread had bikes older than 2014!

I did. I would still have to get an android device or at least get the cable to use with my ELM327 and see what app would work, if any. It's a crap shoot.

Heck Ponch, you need some decent devices that's not iOS anyway!!! :) :)

I can't justify the money to spend on a GS 911, and even though the referenced thread is very interesting, and the costs are a lot less, it will still be just a toy, IMHO, as far as my needs are concerned.

Edited by PadG
Heck Ponch, you need some decent devices that's not iOS anyway!!! :) :)

I can't justify the money to spend on a GS 911, and even though the referenced thread is very interesting, and the costs are a lot less, it will still be just a toy, IMHO, as far as my needs are concerned.

I'm not a fan of Android in some ways like I'm not a fan of Windows. Been using Macs for 31 years and I support Windows, Mac and Linux for work, but I prefer MacOS over all. I might just get Android to run in a VM and see how that works.

HP4 has had the service warning light on for 1.5 years,.....I keep track of time/distance for my changes,....no need for an electronic brain to do that.

• 3 weeks later...

On the S1000R the service indicator takes the place of the temp on the LCD. :dopeslap: and you NEED the temp gauge. So I now have a GS911. I would have tried the app thing but no android device and it looked like a crapshoot anyway.