IGNORED

Looking for an Engineer - I think

Sonor

Okay, so I came up with a really good invention. That is, it is in my mind. That is to say, the construct is there and some of the mechanical pieces are created in my head. Most of it I can draft but I really could use the assistance of someone to draft the thing but more importantly create a couple of the pieces I cannot. Would I need the help of a civil, mechanical, or other type of engineer? Or maybe just a metal worker that is creative? Thoughts?

{Yes, I purposely did not say what it is that I have come up with but it is a mechanical/metal device with no electronics}

Edited by Sonor
Danny caddyshack Noonan

Potentially dangerous ground. Equation #1: Problem + Engineer = Solution + Sarcasm.

On a serious note, Good luck with your idea..

one of the worlds best lies ; Hi, I'm an engineer and i'm here to help, ( i am a mechanical eng)

when ever I have a grand idea i head over to my local machine shop. have coffee (and bring donuts) with the shop foreman and layout what i want to do, then let him add his 4 bits and generally we find a way to get it done

If you're bold, Autodesk offers a free hobbyist version of Fusion 360, a 3D CAD/CAM tool. Very powerful. Lot's of YouTube instructional videos. Create your design and ensure all the pieces fit. Once a 3D model is created, a real part can be produced. I just created a simple part for my RT and printed it out in plastic. Pretty cool.

...I'm an engineer and i'm here to help...

When I worked for the feds, we used to say "I'm from the government. I'm here to help!"

first and foremost you need to get a provisional patent. If your idea is good and could have commercial value, nothing says that fabricator or engineer cant decide to go to market with your idea until you do....and if your idea is similar to someone else who has a patent, you will need to differentiate enough such that you don't get sued....

Edited by Skywagon