IGNORED

93 octane non-ethanol gas

RAMBLIN RED

This stuff is becoming available in many places in eastern N.C. About 50 cents more per gal. but I am seeing 3 mpg. better mileage. I'll leave it to others to decide if it is worth the price, but for me, I like that extra 18 miles per tank.

Hope it becomes readily available up my way. Not so much for performance gains but its shelf/tank life is much longer.

Pat

Hope it becomes readily available up my way. Not so much for performance gains but its shelf/tank life is much longer.

Pat

Have to look for it in the lake country areas of your state.

92 or 93 octane non-ethanol gas is generally available in parts of this state with a significant number of lakes and boating activity. Storage life aside older boat motors were not designed to run E10 gasoline. You do have to get out of the EPA identified areas mandating oxygenated fuels (ETOH or MBTE)

I know of a couple of places in central NC to get non-E gas. I have been using it in my lawn equipment for a long time. Within the last couple of years the 93 non-E stuff became available at a station 3 miles from my house. Since then that is all i use in the bike unless I am a distance away and need gas. I know there are those that say, "so you get 8% better mileage but pay 10% more." (as an example) But I know what that crap does to my lawn equipment if I use E gas so I just think that there must be benefits to the rest of the engine if I don't use that junk.

Edited by Sonor

I use E-0 gas in all my bikes. I'm okay with the extra cost and figure I'm getting a couple or three MPG more on the non-ethanol stuff. The real payback for me is the clean running, no water separation of E-0. My hoses stay in great shape. On my airheads, the floats and float needles last a really long time. When I was using E-10, my hoses were degrading, the floats failed quickly and the mileage was worse. I get 93 E-0 in the town next to me and 89 E-0 at another station along one of my rides. I fill up at or near the end of just about every ride.

Perfect world is a E-0 station that still has the older three hose pumps so that you avoid getting that first 1/2 to 1 gallon of whatever was pumped last. Those 3 hose pumps are getting as rare as hens teeth!

Race Track stations sometimes have the non-ethanol gas available (the blue symbol on the pump), usually 89 oct. They have a separate hose and valve handle so you don't get that first half gal of water-gas.

The Real Gas app is NOT 100% accurate, but it's a good place to start. Sure beats diving around. Best call first.

Got to be careful to avoid sounding political here but just read an article in what's left of the daily newspaper here about a certain politician giving the green light to increasing ethanol content in gasoline. That's just great!! How would you like to be a motor vehicle manufacturer and have to deal with these mindless idiot political types re-writting the rule book every five minutes just to gain votes from a bunch of midwest corn farmers? In the end moves like this is going to cost all of us big time and all just to get a perceived political advantage over an opponent and get your silly ass re-elected.

Got to be careful to avoid sounding political here but just read an article in what's left of the daily newspaper here about a certain politician giving the green light to increasing ethanol content in gasoline. That's just great!! How would you like to be a motor vehicle manufacturer and have to deal with these mindless idiot political types re-writting the rule book every five minutes just to gain votes from a bunch of midwest corn farmers? In the end moves like this is going to cost all of us big time and all just to get a perceived political advantage over an opponent and get your silly ass re-elected.

Again, not trying to be political, but the recent trade wars have hit farmers pretty hard. Even with the subsidies, breaking even is going to be a real challenge for a lot of folks. This won't do much, but it will help those people who were thinking about plowing under fields rather than paying for harvesting and (especially) drying costs. The root of the problem is the consolidation in the Ag processing business, which keeps commodity prices artificially low. It's been this way since the late 1970's, and given our political system and that money is speech (no politics, the law as SCOTUS interprets it), I don't see commodity prices rising any time soon. This is another way to kick the can down the road, and force consumers and vehicle manufacturers to shoulder some of the burden. Premium gas probably won't be affected. Patronize filling stations that get lots of traffic (to avoid water contamination), and avail yourself of any number of 'magic' additives if it will help you sleep at night.

Most if not all WAWA gas stations have a non ethanol pump with it's own hose.. We are getting more of them here in Florida on top of the stations already carrying corn syrup free fuel...

Most if not all WAWA gas stations have a non ethanol pump with it's own hose.. We are getting more of them here in Florida on top of the stations already carrying corn syrup free fuel...

OK, I give up. What the H___ is the meaning of "WAWA"?

OK, I give up. What the H___ is the meaning of "WAWA"?

WAWA is a convenience store chain on the east coast. Mostly in the mid Atlantic/ eastern Pennsylvania area but have expanded to Florida

Edited by ltljohn

Oh, I'm glad you cleared that up. I was thinking maybe WAWA was a town I'd never heard of as in WAWA, Washington State. Then I thought WAWA was maybe an east coast spelling of something I find myself having to occasionally do at three o'clock in the morning. :revit:

WAWA is known for clean restrooms and good subs as well.. Glad they are getting down here and give the others some much neede competition.