IGNORED

Sena glued mounting adapter

mrzoom

Time for me to seek a new helmet. Shoei full face or a shoei modular.

Does anyone use the Sena glue on adapter on a modular? I can't see

how the clamp adapter would work on a modular.

I really don't want the Sena to come off and bounce down the road.

I use ear buds for tunes etc. with the Sena now.

Any thoughts?? Thanks.

I used the Sena stick on clamp on my Schuberth for several years without any problems. I currently have an Arai and use the clamp on mount as it is a full face Corsair.

I'm using the clamp mount on my Bell modular. I put the clamp as far forward as I could. The limiting factor was the slide that is on the bottom of the helmet for the built in sun visor. The boom mike is just to the left of my mouth. I had to put the boom behind the cheek padding.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Just pulled the 20S off my multitec. Put it on the wife's bucket. Clamp works great. Use a short butter knife to explore and open a slight gap inside the shell.

i have the the clamp version on my Shoei Neotec Modular. My first one cracked. Sena would not replace it saying I must have overtightened it. That was interesting point of view since they never saw it. I epoxied back together and it seems strong, but I was afraid it might break so I bought a new clamp only. One of the things I did this time was put some rubber spacers between the helmet and the clamp. I took some tool drawer liner and made several pieces. You cant see it and after 3-4 years all is still good...……..however I have my clamp pretty loose. You can even move it around a little without loosening it. The way the clamp is made it won't come off. So....If you want a clamp and a Neotec ( the last version), then it will work. I'm not sure with that new Neotec.

My wife has used both styles on her Nolan modulars -

The sticky ones work fine, but I have replaced the adhesive on at least one over the years (not a catastrophic failure - just started to peel a bit over time); the clamp will work on most modulars, but do be careful not to hamper the cable/mechanism for the drop down shade if present

Time for me to seek a new helmet. Shoei full face or a shoei modular.

Does anyone use the Sena glue on adapter on a modular? I can't see

how the clamp adapter would work on a modular.

I really don't want the Sena to come off and bounce down the road.

I use ear buds for tunes etc. with the Sena now.

Any thoughts?? Thanks.

No problems at all with the clamp mount on the original Neotec! I had the SMH10 with clamp mount on my Neotec. Now, I am using the Neotec 2 with the integrated SENA SRL, and that's truly wonderful!

I tried the stick-on one on my Schuberth C3 but it wouldn't stay stuck. I cleaned the surface with alcohol three times, but it still wouldn't stay on. I used the clamp, keeping the neck roll in the groove before and after it.

I've got the 20S clamp mount (same as 20S Evo and 30K clamps) on my original Shoei Neotec. I've had no problems. Can't speak to the new Neotec II, of course. But search on Youtube and I'll bet you'll find a video of somebody installing one.

Rich, as you may recall, I bought a Shoei Netec II recently, and went with the Sena SRL that is designed to integrate into that new modular helmet. Previously, I have used the Sena "stick-on" mounts on some full-face helmets. When I did, I made sure I first applied some 3M adhesive promoter to the helmet surface where the mount was to go. Never had a problem that way. I don't think I'd trust the stick-on mount all by itself. The 3M product was suggested by RocketMoto, an online retailer of Sena products at the time.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like the stick on mount will work especially if prepped like Mark did.

Now to find the perfect helmet. :thumbsup: