IGNORED

Aerostich Road Show

Endobob

Anyone ever attended one of the Aerostich Road Shows? I plan on going to this one this Friday:

FITTINGS ANYTIME WITH AEROSTICH SIZING EXPERTS — All fittings receive a free gift!

Enjoy great gear, free refreshments and other stuff.

ADVANCE SIZING APPOINTMENTS ALSO AVAILABLE — email lwisneski@aerostich.com.

CHECK OUT ALL THE LATEST AEROSTICH GEAR

Just across the River from Philadelphia, PA

2240 Marlton Pike W, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

Also will stop in at the only Rivzilla store in the country about 10 miles from the Aerostich show. Will compare the Klim Kodiak Jacket & Pants with the Aerostich.

I've been to one of their pop-up shops - don't know if that's the same as the roadshow or not, but it sounds similar. I've also been to their actual shop, and the level of service and variety of items to try on were similar.

I've been to one of their pop-up shops - don't know if that's the same as the roadshow or not, but it sounds similar. I've also been to their actual shop, and the level of service and variety of items to try on were similar.

Me too. In my case it was a pop up store in a vacant strip mall in Denver. I wasn't impressed. They had a lot of stock of production items and returned clothing that had minor to almost imperceptible issues they were looking to unload at supposedly bargain prices. The free gifts were overpriced trinkets. Overall it was a waste of time and gasoline.

Almost retired - still a day or two a week.

Spent 2 hours at the RevZilla store (Philadelphia) trying on Klim suits. I liked the Badlands fit/construction the best of Klim suits. Then spent 3 hours at the Aerostich popup show in Cherry Hill.

Decided on a one-piece R3 - grey with black shoulders and knees/lower legs. Having mid gusset material added 1 inch each side to have more room for electric jacket or if I should put on any weight. Also purchased optional back protector. Aerostich with back support and custom tailoring about $600 less than the Klim Badlands jacket/pants. Feel it was definitely worth my while to drive up from DC and get this done without guessing on fit, etc. :thumbsup:

Edited by Endobobdds

For those who have known Bob for long it's obvious he's going through some Life Changes :stir:

He goes from a K bike all buttoned up in tight black gear to a GS and an Aerostich :dontknow:

Semi-Retirement is suiting him well with the new bike, gear, farkles and even the new tradition of Bob's Thursday Night Pizza Party at STARTs and FARTs :dance:

AdventurePoser

I just hit the one in Oregon and picked up a Darien Jacket. I've had all sorts of gear over the years, some free from vendors, some bought retail, and some at reduced rates from the mfgs....IMHO, the Darien jacket blows pretty much any other jacket out of the water.. My last gear was Klim, Latitude Jacket and Pants. It's okay stuff, but nothing beats the ventilation, waterproofness, and plethora of pockets the Darien enjoys. Of course, YMMV!

you retired guys are killin' me.

Are you sayin' there are guys here who aren't retired? Who else can afford a BMW?

I'm not retired. I mean, I don't really have a job, but in my case that's just because I quit going. I also don't have any income, or any money at all really. I guess you're right though - had to sell the BMWs (and buy a Ducati).

;)

Wow, coming to the dark side. Before we know it you'll be back on autocom. Congrats on your purchase! Is Mark next?

Hah!! I had to tell Bob that I could no longer ride with him, though I had obviously made an exception for you, Ken, and Bernie.

Congratulations Bob and welcome to the Stich group.

Now you preview the upcoming roads as Marco Polo puts on his rain suit. Lol

Bernie, I'll be too busy signing autographs in my Rallye outfit back at the hotel.

Bernie, I'll be too busy signing autographs in my Rallye outfit back at the hotel.

:ohboy: :ohboy: :ohboy: :ohboy: :ohboy:

:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Before or after you change into dry garments?

Before or after you change into dry garments?

I told Mark that I would still ride with him and wait along the side of the road while he put on rain gear. After all, I already at times need to wait on him while he uses his hair dryer! :rofl:

nothing beats the ventilation, waterproofness, and plethora of pockets the Darien enjoys.

I haven't tried a Darien, but I can't say I find the ventilation on my original 'stich one-piece to be particularly effective when it's hot out, and the Darien still uses the same vent configuration. In my riding position, air just doesn't really reach the armpit vents. I much prefer the chest and arm vents on my BMW Rallye jacket. Then again, I ride behind the fairing of an RT, so I've got less airflow to start with.

When it's cold, the Gore-Tex fabric of my 'stich seems to flow a lot more air than I want. I dunno, maybe they installed it backwards. :)

nothing beats the ventilation, waterproofness, and plethora of pockets the Darien enjoys.

I much prefer the chest and arm vents on my BMW Rallye jacket.

Bill, if you ever come to START/FART, you can help mind the crowd while Marcopolo signs autographs. :wave:

Is it going to be possible to have Mark's signing table at Bob's Pizza Party, or will we need to separate them for crowd control? :rofl:

I haven't tried a Darien, but I can't say I find the ventilation on my original 'stich one-piece to be particularly effective when it's hot out, and the Darien still uses the same vent configuration. In my riding position, air just doesn't really reach the armpit vents. I much prefer the chest and arm vents on my BMW Rallye jacket. Then again, I ride behind the fairing of an RT, so I've got less airflow to start with.

When it's cold, the Gore-Tex fabric of my 'stich seems to flow a lot more air than I want. I dunno, maybe they installed it backwards. :)

Are you wearing it inside out? :lurk:

Is it going to be possible to have Mark's signing table at Bob's Pizza Party, or will we need to separate them for crowd control? :rofl:

Knowing Bob, he'll INSIST on providing ALL U CAN EAT Pizza for the crowd as well! And Kinsley and I are just the ones to 'Make It So . .'

Come to think of it, if word gets out that Kinsley is there is person, we'll have a MOB on our hands! :stir: We may have to move the pizza party to Cabela's!

I really wanted to go to that one, but once the gps said 4 hours with traffic I cancelled. Navy full time so I couldn't spend an entire day away from the family to try a Stich. Too bad as I'm eyeballing an R3 or R3 Light. I'm in CT now but head to DC next year and need something that can be my main commuting outfit and cope with the rain. Still, navy doesn't pay that much so one outfit only. Any opinions between the two?

Also, do they have other events they advertise in advance?

I had two Roadcrafter one piece suits. Classic with liner. R-3 light. The Classic got sold....

I like the R-3 better. Lighter and cooler. Now the difference between light and regular I don't know for sure. The light is sure easy to pack up as an extra suit on a trip where rain or cool weather may show up. That would be a personal choice. I am convinced the abrasion factor is ok on the light, but just ok.

• 2 weeks later...
Bob does a new knee come with that Stich?

No, however, I am hoping once I have the new knee it may be easier to step into the Stich than other motorcycle pants. :thumbsup:

Edited by Endobobdds