IGNORED

Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) Sparta, NC April 24-28

Indy Dave

:19::19:Sparta Administrivia! :19::19:

The Long Awaited Official  :bike::bike:  START :bike::bike:  to the Riding Season is upon us! Time for a few final items:

• Upon Check-In, register your arrival on the official START Sign In Sheet and 1) How many hours you traveled to get to Sparta & 2) the year of your bike.
  • The Famous Friday Dinner Contest - all you need to do to get an entry to the contest is to post a photo(s) from your trip or START Ride(s). Post your photos to the New Thread "Sparta 2019 From START to Finish"Suggested photos are of your group, your bike in a scenic spot, you and your bike, etc. Mobile photo posting is Ez-Pz on the new board!

Sparta 2019 START to finish Photo Posting

• Endobob's Thursday Night Pizza and Friday night's group meal will be in the Conference Room in the hotel annex.

Safe Travels one and all!

1117644715_2019STARTSpartaNC3smallerlogostillrev.thumb.jpg.ebc3349b8eff0a4b2e5aad0d1b0afac9.jpg

Hotel Reservation Link: http://www.alleghanyinn.com/

Group Code: BMWST2

1471528766_2019STARTSpartaNCeventsrev2updated.thumb.jpg.f084e30c2e29318f8cdfb70d29b8e020.jpg

1060158493_socialhourannoncement2019startspartarev2.thumb.jpg.c4e3a8ccc3774be5e1fc91b35986f74e.jpg

2143172471_mealannostartsparta2019fridaymealrev3.thumb.jpg.8b8fe665675cd29856494616b8f83422.jpg

As of Apr 21:

459435772_attendingApr20.thumb.jpg.bf7320a9eb258c536eabe3bf99a9011b.jpg

As of Apr 21th:

2045395449_reserveddinnerstartsparta2019fridaymealApr20.thumb.jpg.1fab6ef357284c8dc2b0dad5d5c5e4bf.jpg

259575601_2019STARTSpartaNClinkslide.thumb.jpg.b4af62191a26272a295744829ac858f3.jpg

2019 Sparta Routes

I just might be able to make this one, Sparta was great.

I hope you can join us - we've missed you John!

In - room reserved Wednesday through Sunday. I'm assuming that Endobobdds will ride down with me, even if he's wearing a 'Stitch.

I am definitely in! Hope the hotel has a lot of rooms because I suspect this will be a well attended event! :thumbsup:

Dave you need to make it clear that the autograph session is for our “poster boys”, Ken and Mark!

Edited by Endobobdds

I'm like SO in! :D

Assuming that's the same hotel and they haven't changed their soap and shampoo provider, every shower's a “come to Jesus” experience!

In friday and saturday. Turning 83 on wed. the 24th so can't come sooner. Daughter cooking special dinner for BD.

We have the Best Group Of Riders! Thank you one and all for your enthusiastic response! If you're making your reservations on line, the system should be working now. And just a note, the Motel has a new software package that isn't as flexible as the old one, so a few things to note.

If you want a SMOKING ROOM, either add that in the notes or better yet, call directly. The Motel has 6 smoking rooms ( 1Q, 1K and 4 x 2dbl).

When reserving online, all of the available rooms show up, starting with the most expensive rooms. The first is the apartment and the next is the 2q in the annex - these are newer rooms and slightly larger and have inside entry. If you're looking to the cheaper double queen room, it's found at the bottom of the page.

Here's a screen shot of all the rooms and rates. Smoking rooms are not shown due to software limitations, so it's best to call for a smoking room!

Screenshot_2018-10-15%20Comparison%20-%20Alleghany%20Inn.png

Edited by Indy Dave

I had been quietly hoping START would be a week earlier. Retiring at the end of March and headed for Italy and points north on April 23 for a month and had hoped to get in some serious riding in advance. Weather permitting, I'll ride up to Sparta the previous week and have a look around.

Just noticed and wanted to be sure Bernie and Mark noted this on the Allegahany Inn website in bold lettering:

New for 2014: Coffee makers and hair dryers in every room!

Then again, I suspect the coffee will not be up to Bernie's liking, Mark does not drink coffee, and of course Mark brings his own hair dryer. :grin:

Totally not necessary to update your website every year... or four. ;)

Totally not necessary to update your website every year... or four. ;)

or to read the START event and host hotel info posted:

2019%20START%20Sparta%20NC%203%20smaller%20logo%20still%20crop.jpg

:wave: :wave: :whistle: :whistle:

Just noticed and wanted to be sure Bernie and Mark noted this on the Allegahany Inn website in bold lettering:

Then again, I suspect the coffee will not be up to Bernie's liking, Mark does not drink coffee, and of course Mark brings his own hair dryer. :grin:

That means you get the room supplied hair dryer all to yourself and can use it anytime you need to! :stir: Now we know the secret glue that keeps you guys roommates!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

About time you showed up again!!!!! :wave::clap:

Ummm.... Bud?

Pot or kettle? :dance:

Hey, I was there a while back..............................................................................

Marty I turn 64 on the 12th, I am slowing catching up to you :-)

I'm old enough to be your father but I'm not.

Dad...how many kids do you have?

Marty I turn 64 on the 12th, I am slowing catching up to you :-)

I'm old enough to be your father but I'm not.

Dad...how many kids do you have?

1 girl, 1 boy. 1 cat.

Barbie and I just booked the last room with a KING bed. My farm is just down the road near Dobson, NC. It will be weird attending without Paul Winter to race with.

Wanna ride down together?

I have a schedule conflict but I am trying to fix that. If can fix it it would be great to have a riding partner.

Wanna ride down together?

I have a schedule conflict but I am trying to fix that. If can fix it it would be great to have a riding partner.

Well the MC gods have smiled upon me! I was able to adjust my schedule and I am now IN!

Once you START

You have to FART

And after that

There's no staying apart. :burnout:

What a great START for our return Visit to Sparta! Jerry, Keith (and your significant others) and John - Great to have you back after a brief absence!

I am arriving Thursday, probably late well after the pizza dinner

Now Randy, I wouldn't be so sure. What with Endo's enthusiasm for sponsoring The ALL YOU CAN EAT pizza SMORGASBORD, plus the fact that we have his credit card number - I can see this party going well after the Good Doctor had turned in for the night. Probably till the booze runs out or we see Bernie heading out at first light.

Edited by Indy Dave
What with Endo's enthusiasm for sponsoring The ALL YOU CAN EAT pizza SMORGASBORD, plus the fact that we have his credit card number - I can see this party going well after the Good Doctor had turned in for the night. Probably till the booze runs out or we see Bernie heading out at first light.

Enthusiastic yes! However, I have canceled that credit card! :grin: