IGNORED

R1200St

Zorba75482

I tried a search but cannot find anything in bodywork removal on an ST. About to fit bar risers and will need to bleed breaks so will need to remove Tupperware and tank. May links?

With so few R1200STs sold, there aren't any DIY threads specific to that model. The best source is the RepROM DVD, but you also may find info in the Haynes manual.

yes I had a 2005 ST. and DIY information in general was limited. do a Google search not just on this site, but a general Google search and I think you may find a few. depends they might be long removed. I had my bike back in 2010 - 2012

Dennis Andress

Start at the bottom, below the throttle bodies.

Remove the seat to get to 2 screws.

Though the picture shows many panels most of them are screwed together from the inside and do not need to be separated.

7055.jpg.f0da2aff55b3b556683687107c32d7a5.jpg

Pay close attention to the lengths of the different screws. If memory serves, there are three different lengths, assuming the previous owner didn't mess it up. Refer to a parts list. I use RealOEM.com

Frank

Dennis Andress

The length of screw to use is determined by how many body panels the screw must go through. Short screws are for single panels. Middle length screws are for two. And the longest ones are for three.