IGNORED

Mission Impossible — Fallout

Selden

I watched the latest Mission Impossible film on a flight back to Atlanta yesterday.

Another Highly Improbable howler. Tom Cruise has trouble starting an R1200-R, then when he gets going, the sound effects people give it the sound of an inline 4.

_c1989bfa-93d2-11e8-a9be-0a3dd955ac48.jpg

Not quite as absurd as the time the tires on a Triumph Speed Triple changed from street to knobbies mid-air.

Although no Boxer Engine in this guy's tool-chest, they should have hired him. Bet he'd of come up with something good. :grin:

Pat

Joe Frickin' Friday
I watched the latest Mission Impossible film on a flight back to Atlanta yesterday.

Another Highly Improbable howler. Tom Cruise has trouble starting an R1200-R, then when he gets going, the sound effects people give it the sound of an inline 4.

That's pretty much standard. Ever see The Italian Job (from 2003)? There's a long chase sequence involving several R1150RTs, and apparently they've all been fitted with I4 engines. :grin:

The sound effect people also overdubbed squealing tire sounds as the bike took turns/curves -- as if a motorcycle squeals tires on turns.

It's been awhile since I saw it but I think Cruise t-bones a car and flies over the bars wearing no helmet and does an acrobatic roll on the pavement -- and walks away.

Who wants to hear a Boxer anyway.......

Afternoon Terry

That is exactly my thought also. Nothing more pathetic sounding than a 360° firing 2 cylinder boxer farting it's way down the road.

Who wants to hear a Boxer anyway.......

Afternoon Terry

That is exactly my thought also. Nothing more pathetic sounding than a 360° firing 2 cylinder boxer farting it's way down the road.

As I've gotten older, I like the fact I'm riding a Boxer and it masks me farting my way down the road.

When I rode bicycle race routes for support, the riders universally

commented on how quiet the RSL was and how little the noise intruded

compared to other mc's.

I'm surprised! For years it seemed movies and TV shows all used the same HD 45 degree V soundtrack regardless of the bike used in a scene. For sure the boxer motor is not the most pleasing for sound...prolly why BMW likes to keep them quiet!

Nothing says studly manly man like hitting on the gorgeous girl sitting on a machine that sounds like a singer sewing machine :)