IGNORED

The 2019 F 850 GSA

TEWKS

Think I mentioned I like to bike talk a lot ( i.e. dream) about owning them all. :grin: I'm in a hunt to find something I don't like about this one, today. ;)

Pat

Haven't you heard? Adventure riding is no longer the "thing."

Oh Man, don't say that, the Classified section here at BMWST will be overrun. :grin:

Pat

Visually tantalizing video with the 'pro riders' on board... ya got to love marketing.

But, do you really think any one in their right mind would go out on the TAT or a BDR alone on a 519 pound bike (plus 80 lbs with all the other shit) , dump the bike in the mud, dump the bike in the rocks and then pick it up like nothing happened, feel good, then keep on riding... BS...

Go with a light weight and enjoy the two track and the scenery. And if you go down, hopefully you can pick it up.

But then again, you might be a pro rider. :grin:

wonder if there is something wrong with the seat, that guy never sat on it...

No, it's perfect. Sargent & Corbin says so! :whistle::money:

Pat

The seat is designed.

By the seat engineer.

The seat engineer used to be the color coordinator.

He got promoted.

I was wondering if this new Tenere was going to be ADV Touring capable. This clip answers that question, I guess. Endless choices it seems! :thumbsup:

Pat

We bought an off road capable trailer.

So far I have driven over the curb at Starbux.

Hey that sounds a little bit like adventure riding, over your head. :revit: Spill that coffee and it could have caused great pain and cost you big $bux. :grin:

Pat

Mentioned a few posts back that I was looking for something unappealing to my eyes on the new 850 ADV. Found it, the side panels extending past the crash bars looks a little funky IMO. Whew, that was close! :ohboy::grin:

2019-bmw-f-850-gs-adventure.jpg

Pat

Grasping at straws here, Bill ;) come on, help me out! :rofl:

Pat

It's got a chain on it, what's that all about? Way too much maintenance!

Did that help? :grin:

It has gold wheels, well because..

Top Ten Selling Adventure-Touring Motorcycles (first 9 months of 2017)

1 Honda Africa Twin 580 30%

2 Suzuki DR650SE 360 -4.50%

3 BMW R 1200 GS 288 6.30%

4 Kawasaki KLR650 242 -18.50%

5 BMW R 1200 GSA 223 -12.90%

6 Honda CB500XA 212 3.40%

7 Suzuki DL650XA 148 18.40%

8 BMW F700GS 142 -8.40%

9 KTM 1090 Adventure R 132 0%

10 Ducati 1200 Multistrada 131 -26%

2017-Honda-Africa-Twin-white-blue-red-3-ABS-1-750x500.jpg

I was wondering if this new Tenere was going to be ADV Touring capable. This clip answers that question, I guess. Endless choices it seems! :thumbsup:

Pat

Did the chick's attire convince you that it is going to be an ADV bike?

Pat

Did the chick's attire convince you that it is going to be an ADV bike?

Ed, I didn't notice the chick, or the attire...Oh you lie! :whistle: Yep Adventure! :read:

Pat

Actually I kind of like the gold wheels because it's different. Although not always, when the first bike with gold anodized wheels came out it seemed outlandish and over the top, the 1982 Honda CX500 Turbo. Of course it didn't help I was a Yamaha dealer and we had a more conventional looking Turbo, and all the magazines preferred the Honda : ) A decade or so later I had both at the same time and over time grew to like the Honda better not only for riding but for it's looks too.They were both really good sport touring bikes in their day.

honda_CX_500_turbo.jpg]

Gold Rims, hmm. I guess we know where the Germans shop for their styling ideas. :java: Thank God it's not us, couldn't deal with ape hangers on a GS. :grin:

Suzuki%20DR800%2090.jpg

Pat

Mentioned a few posts back that I was looking for something unappealing to my eyes on the new 850 ADV. Found it, the side panels extending past the crash bars looks a little funky IMO. Whew, that was close! :ohboy::grin:

Pat

Looks like a combination of deflection of water/mud/air from the legs and better heat dissipation from the radiator/engine. Function over style?

I find the 800GS to be a pretty good sweet spot for combined paved/unpaved road riding. Nothing bigger than a 400 thumper for me for unmaintained trails.

Looking forward to see what the 850 is like from the rider's seat.

Mike Cassidy

It does have the Goes Starbux Adventures decals.

KTM, or any of the other adv bike manufacturers could put together a funny ad campaign spoofing this Tacoma commercial, using the SB reference. :grin:

https://ispot.tv/a/dRB3

Although, probably plenty of expensive KTMs' parked at SB too. :dontknow:

Pat