IGNORED

Dates and Place

Whip

Bud, it's one of the ingredients in the stew. Several times, actually! :thumbsup:

I figured out how Joe got all these fabulous pictures. He rides a SFE GS Adventure. ;) Special Forces Edition! :grin:

i-6MHwbQp-XL.jpg

Pat

Paul Heid of Heid's Hodaka/BMW said if the timing was right, he'd love to show some of us the100 miles of dirt roads he has mapped out in and around his town of Johnsburg. My understanding, his shop is old school that no longer sells new BMW motorcycles but, he's a Master Technician. Sounds cool & it appears he's a wheelie madman also! :revit::grin:

Pat

Have been to Heid's every year when attending Americade. The dad Bill was great and Paul is a great BMW wrench. Heid's is a very cool place to visit !!

Have been to Heid's every year when attending Americade. The dad Bill was great and Paul is a great BMW wrench. Heid's is a very cool place to visit !!

Yeah, sounds like a good time for sure! Mentioned I spoke with Paul and he was interested in leading a group of us through the backroads of Johnsburg. With the route I have to his shop and IF he can lead us around for a few hours, it should be an awesome day! :thumbsup: I know it's early but does anyone want to stick a date to this planned ride?

Pat

Depending on where the event is actually held I have a few excellent motel recommendation in Lake George.

The Ride to Hot Biscuit from Lake George is really nice. about 35 miles all along the lake to Ticonderoga. Then on the return taking route 8 through Brandt Lake is awesome.

I have attended Americade every year since 1990 except for 3 years. Lots of great riding in the area and very motorcycle friendly.

Here are some Hot Biscuit shots and some of Heid's where they are rider friendly and happy to let you watch the work they are doing and explain it as well!

i-8hFfmKV-X2.jpg

i-z45gnkS-X2.jpg

i-qqLLDpj-X2.jpg

i-TqxKSN5-X2.jpg

Somebody with good organizational skills could probably round up a boat load of us for a nice relaxing cruise after a great day's ride. :thumbsup:

065bbrighter0_30467e80-5056-a36a-0b981f6e11eb1aa5.jpg

Pat

TEWKS, is that going to be our Hotel?

Psst...being careful not to give it away just yet. ;) Zoom in really closely, you can see Larry lounging on the third floor balcony. :whistle::grin:

Pat

Ok, it's the UN Rally and all. But, it's still good to have a plan. :read: Here's mine, if they look good and you'd like to join in, LET'S RIDE! :Yes: Hopefully soon enough, GPS files will be shared so you can adjust if you'd like.

1, 6/23/19

Arrival day at the UN.

2, 6/24/19

Shorter route up to Lake Placid & Whiteface Mt. (BBQ Lunch)

3, 6/25/19

GS style ride over to Heid's BMW. Hopefully a guided tour by Paul Heid himself. ( not guaranteed his availability )

4, 6/26/19

Long route up to Whiteface Mt. Via Vermont. (approx. 350 miles round trip) with a swim at the Flume Falls in Wilmington Ny. (Burger Lunch at the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery)

5, 6/27/19

Ride to Tahawus to see an old blast furnace, then capping it off with a short (100 mile) ride around The Great Sacandaga Lake.

6, 6/28/19

Depart for home.

Another Joe Shot, just because! :Yes: Not exactly sure where this is but Vt. was the description.

maybe-1-XL.jpg

Pat

This may work well for me as my current (not confirmed) plan is to ride up the Lake George first week in June and attend Americade. There I will meet up with my 2 Canadian buddies who what to ride Nova Scotia and Cabot Trail. That trip including a stop in Maine to visit friends should take about 10 days so it "may" work out for a day or 2 stop as I head for home. Assume no location has been chosen yet?

Assume no location has been chosen yet?

Ed, that sounds like a great plan. :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure the location has been set and the handler of this info should be making an announcement fairly soon. :lurk:

Pat

I remember the first time I rode up there from Lake George Village where we stay for Americade .... I kept thinking I MUST BE LOST .... there can't be a motorcycle shop out here. That was probably 1999? Yeah ...no GPS ... no cell phone! But just about when I was about to turn around on Garnet Lake Road there she was! They certainly did not gain any business from folks "just passing bye" ! HA !

I'm pretty sure the location has been set and the handler of this info should be making an announcement fairly soon. :lurk:

Pat

"handler" - that just might stick as a new board name for you know who. :grin:

...Hopefully soon enough, GPS files will be shared so you can adjust if you'd like.

Pat

First of the year , possibly sooner :Cool:

...Hopefully soon enough, GPS files will be shared so you can adjust if you'd like.

Pat

First of the year , possibly sooner :Cool:

That's not too far off! :thumbsup: Hopefully i'll do a better job at displaying a map over my previous post. :dopeslap: Funny, it worked at work, oh well. :dontknow:

Pat

Yo Bill, you got a key for this? :grin: Looks like the GS minded rider may have to get creative. :read: I think we've got this! :thumbsup:

i-jgWdhz8-XL.jpg

i-JgWQBJW-XL.jpg

Pat

I don't know about creative but it's something..

070-L.jpg

Course then a word with the man is in order. :grin:

FILE290-L.jpg

I find it best to come in from the other end then just worry about getting out : )

309-XL.jpg

Now, I knew you'd have a key or at least, the answer key! :grin: It's good to have understanding & happy badge holders on patrol when using said key. :thumbsup:

Looks like it's not roam as you please in the Dacks, but I think we can make it adventurous enough.

Pat

Edited by TEWKS

Morning Joe can be a little bitter somtimes, so I present to you, Afternoon Joe.

I've been by Big Mama's several times but never stopped. This is basically where Tracy Rd. dumps (oops bad phrase) you onto Rt. 9 It may or may not interfere with the BBQ lunch a couple hours from then. :dontknow:

928169678_iEat2-XL.jpg

Pat

No excuses this year......I'm in

What he said...

Awesome on both but Matt, if you were to head due North on I-91, and I traveled Westbound on 2, we could meet up at the Irving station just off of exit 26 (I-91) at say 9:30-10:00 am on the 23rd. :thumbsup:

Pat

We'll have to call this a little morning art from Adv Joe because I can't tell you exactly where it is. But, I'd sure like to be there. :thumbsup:

i-pF6RJ9c-XL.jpg

Pat