IGNORED

New to the forum

Arizona Jim

Good morning. I attended the Death Valley gathering last weekend and enjoyed meeting everyone. I belong to the STowners forum and K1600 forum and this group feels like it has the same agenda which is "let's ride and have some conversations afterwards". I'm retired and live in North Central Arizona and have been seeking events to attend on this side of the country. I've been riding for almost 50 years both on and off highways. I'm looking forward to some or your events next year. If anyone is traveling this way and wants to stop and visit I live 27 miles south of I-40. Turn at Ashfork on Highway 89. I have a pretty well equipped shop and can help with minor repairs and tire changes.

WELCOME Arizona Jim! Glad you've checked in and met some of our finest. I passed through AZ this summer down from Flagstaff over to Jerome and points West.

There's a new web interface in the works which will add a bunch a neat features for both mobile and web interfaces and particularly will make photo sharing simple and easy!

Welcome!

... have been seeking events to attend on this side of the country.

Glad to have you on board !

Torrey Utah is twice a year . Its one of the oldest events we have out west. Nice riding in a nice location. The Spring event is in May.

There are rumors that we may have something based out of Hannagan Meadow (on 191) sometime next year or maybe again in Silver City NM.

There is also the possibility of gathering around Cottenwood or Camp Verde.

Oh and there will likely be a re-emergence of Temecula Days in California also this Spring !!!!

Stay tuned.

Thanks for the welcomes. I'll be watching upcoming rides like the ones chrisolsen listed. I've been all over Arizona (and all the other states too) and those are great areas and roads to ride in.

Welcome! Great first post.

What he said

What he said and said

Another gathering... North meets South. Oakhurst, CA. Usually end of April.

CoarsegoldKid
Welcome! Great first post.

What he said

What he said and said

Another gathering... North meets South. Oakhurst, CA. Usually end of April.

As Larry Bump said, the last full weekend in April. That would make it April 26, 27, 28 in 2019. Many riders from So Cal and a few from points east in Arizona and Utah gather on Friday morning for a spectacular ride through the foothills from Tehachapi to Oakhurst. Track day all day, I mean takes all day, so bring good tires. Then on Saturday there are numerous options for rides, you know more riding, go figure. Sunday the town empties of the old fart BMW hoodlums. In a month I'll get the ball rolling on rooms at the Comfort Inn in Oakhurst.

Hi, Jim! I don't recall that I got much past introductions and shaking hands with you in Beatty, but welcome to the board! I do recall seeing your distinctive K1600 there!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes. On a sad note I lost one of my friends and riding buddies this week. Duane, who was with me in Beatty, flipped his bicycle over the front wheel and broke his neck. He went into cardiac arrest and after 5 days in the hospital doing tests and such the oxygen was removed and he passed with in minutes.