IGNORED

best snow brush ever

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

If you live in Florida, please feel free to disregard this thread. :grin:

For years I kept a standard-format snow brush/ice scraper in my car, with the brush head parallel to the handle. You know, like this:

i-6jP74RM.jpg

It worked, but to clean my entire car I had to either work from both sides, or belly up to one side of my car to reach all the way across. Plus the orientation of the brush seemed dead wrong: instead of pushing snow off of the side of the car, I was trying to fling it past the end of the hood or trunk.

Several years back I got a better brush:

i-PLJNmKb.jpg

The brush head was perpendicular to the handle, so I could push/pull snow to the side of my car instead of the hood/trunk. The thing that made this feature really work was the telescoping handle that just about doubled its length: now I could stand on one side of my car without leaning against it, and push/pull the snow across the entire width of my car. Quick and efficient-like. :Cool:

So I was disappointed last week when I tapped the brush head on my boot to knock some snow off of it, and the head broke off of the handle. Steel-toed boots, I guess I tapped harder than I thought. :dopeslap: I went shopping for a new brush, and found this glorious tool:

i-ZL2rRQ5.jpg

Telescoping handle? check. perpendicular brush head? check. Bit it also adds a brush head that's about 18" wide...which folds down parallel to the handle for storage that's even more convenient than what I had.

The brush arrived yesterday, and I can confirm it's well-built. If you live in a place that gets plenty of snow, and you're looking for a better snow brush, look no further.

I'm now looking forward to our first major winter storm. Bring it on, mother...nature. :grin:

Very nice. I used one similar to that when I had my big step van. These are used at car lots after the big snows

to clear off the 100's of cars that then get moved over one row at a time so the snow plow can clean the lot.

Replace car line and repeat the next day it snows again and again and again.

The last year I lived in IL we had 75" of white stuff. Seems I always had that brush in my hand.

Moving solved the problem. :clap:

Mitch, that's a nice snow brush and all but for some reason, I was expecting a bit more from you. :grin:

yiJCJM5.jpg

Pat

Good one! I don't think I'd want to be anywhere near that thing when it's operating, let along in that operator's cab with a jet engine pointed right at me.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Mitch, that's a nice snow brush and all but for some reason, I was expecting a bit more from you. :grin:

yiJCJM5.jpg

Pat

Shoot. Wish I'd seen that before I bought my brush.