IGNORED

Bye Bye Old Buddy (the forum)

TEWKS

There's a few more days before the move takes place but I thought I'd say farewell to this old format. :wave: With Whip as the Captain and Mr. Olson as Chief Engineer, I fully expect we'll all land safely on the other side so, SEE YA THERE! :Yes:

Pat

I'm not a doctor but I played one on a bathroom floor once. (Baby Come Now) :eek: I recommend a dose of Adventure Rider 3X Daily. Careful, that place has a way of making even a GS look sexy! :D

Pat

It was fun creating the current top banner graphics for effbee a couple of years ago. Farewell old format but no matter the format this is my favorite MC forum, for sure.

There's a few more days before the move takes place but I thought I'd say farewell to this old format. :wave:

Pat

Yes, this has been a very good home and served us well. But the new one is moving us into the modern era.

It definitely looks a bit more lively, plays nicely with mobile use, no more 3rd party hosting for pictures required and in general has most of the features folks have come to expect from other online applications.

And as John basically intimated ... its really the members that make the place. We're just trying to make the physical home more usable long term.

Keep up to date with the global countdown post !

Why do I feel like BMW when they launched the K and planned to retire the boxer?

:rofl:

I propose a 24 hour hiatus from posting, after it is up and running.

Let's make them sweat...

:wave:

Should be fun and make things even better.

:)

• Haha 1

This will be fun! I love change!

Disclaimer - i have worked for two CAD, CAD/CAM software companies over the last 32 years. Each has had a loyal dedicated user base, my current employer of 23 years has sold over 250,000 seats. Over the years i have been involved in 3 significant interface redesigns. Each time it has been met with every emotion from wonder and awe to weeping and sorrow from our users. Old patterns and muscle-memory can die hard, some may hate the new forever, many will embrace it. Never loose heart in change, Don't be afraid to inspect the results and adapt.

Did i mention that i love change?

I propose a 24 hour hiatus from posting, after it is up and running.

Let's make them sweat...

:wave:

Yikes, that would be nasty :rofl:

... Old patterns and muscle-memory can die hard, some may hate the new forever, many will embrace it.

Yes, quite true. Although we've made a fair effort to retain the general design of most the Forums, there are definitely changes both structurally and visually that may be challenging for period of time. Whip's first global post "Big Changes" shows a quick view of many of the visual changes.

Besides local picture hosting and a better mobile experience, there is also a host of features that while not new in the industry, are not incorporated into ubb.threads and were not scheduled to be anytime in the future.

Will it work with Lynx?

Talk about stuck in the 80's :rofl:

Although that screen shot belies the fact that its being used today in some fairly high tech areas , yes?

. We're just trying to make the physical home more usable long term.

That's good to hear. My physical home needs a lot of changes and Nancy will be excited to hear you are coming to help it be more usable long term.

OTOH the Digital Home for BMWST looks very updated and modern as well as easy to use. :clap:

Good job. :thumbsup:

. We're just trying to make the physical home more usable long term.

That's good to hear. My physical home needs a lot of changes and Nancy will be excited to hear you are coming to help it be more usable long term.

We're not the Property Brothers :rofl: But we'll take the "good job" on the digital renovation !

Edited by chrisolson

WE'RE ALMOST THERE ..... :thumbsup:

Closing down mid morning Wednesday the 16th and the new Forum should be available early evening on Saturday the 19th

im having withdrawal symptoms. I feel a need to accelerate questions to DR....cross a political boundary, start an oil thread, what tires do I use between now and Sunday...the humanity. Best of luck to those of you doing the conversion.....

Edited by Skywagon
Dennis Andress

It seems the old board may be up during the migration, but nothing posted will be migrated. We could post anything...

It seems the old board may be up during the migration, but nothing posted will be migrated. We could post anything...

Yep there's a short window Wednesday before the nameservers are switched to the new ones in which this stays up.

Will both bmwst.com and bmwrt.com domain names remain?

Yes, although the actual referral method to the main URL will change ... but that's transparent to you.