IGNORED

R1200RT wiring schematic / cct diagram

AndyS

Hi all.

I am wanting to rolocate (add) a headlight dip switch to the underside of the lefthand switch cluster.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram to show the wiring and function of the OEM switch and wiring? I want to know how feasible this is with the CanBus set-up. It used to be so easy to break into a loom and change it in the pre CanBus era! but I want to know the function of the headlight hi low and flash switch before getting carried away.

Hi all.

I am wanting to rolocate (add) a headlight dip switch to the underside of the lefthand switch cluster.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram to show the wiring and function of the OEM switch and wiring? I want to know how feasible this is with the CanBus set-up. It used to be so easy to break into a loom and change it in the pre CanBus era! but I want to know the function of the headlight hi low and flash switch before getting carried away.

Morning Andy

I don't have a specific wiring diagram on your 1200RT wc bike but your headlight dip is controlled by the central chassis computer (direct wiring from switch to computer, not through the CanBus). I'm not sure if the dip switch is a momentary or continuous input, if it's momentary then you can easily add another momentary switch as you want. If it's continuous then you won't be able to add a second switch without disabling the original switch.

You might be able to add your own switching relay in the lighting circuit then leave the OEM high beam switch "on" then use your added switch/relay to just make/break that circuit (slight possibility that would illuminate the bulb out warning so you would have to test it)