IGNORED

RE: Tires On Line

Skywagon

Hey I've seen this post 1000 times but hard time searching. A friend asked where is best on-line place to buy tires and have them shipped....

Thanks....notice I didn't start a full tire thread.

For lowest price, I Google the tire and size I want and click on the "Shopping" option to narrow things down.

Over the years I've bought from Bike Bandit, Dennis Kirk, Revzilla, and Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.

No problems with any order, all the tires had recent manufacturing dates, and arrived in 2-4 business days.

For lowest price, I Google the tire and size I want and click on the "Shopping" option to narrow things down.

Over the years I've bought from Bike Bandit, Dennis Kirk, Revzilla, and Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.

No problems with any order, all the tires had recent manufacturing dates, and arrived in 2-4 business days.

I will second bike bandit and revzilla... also have lucked out a few times with Amazon.

I always just compare with Google and make a choice from there... usually being one of those aforementioned 3.

Hey I've seen this post 1000 times but hard time searching. A friend asked where is best on-line place to buy tires and have them shipped....

My go-to place is American motorcycle tire.

Had good success with many of the above,

Search for best deal,usually free shipping.

Revzilla and others have credit based on purchase price that can be applied to your next purchase.

JR356

I've bought from Revzilla a number of times. Very fast delivery, but of course that depends on where you live. I also had to return a defective tire recently, and that was easy, and painless.

+1 for Revzilla. I also had a problem with a tire and they replaced it quickly without issue. Just emailed a picture to them and replacement was shipped that day. Didn't even have to send it back. Very knowledgeable sales staff too.

Edited by LittleBriar

I go with Dennis Kirk, but that's because they're only 50 miles north of here and I get the tire the next day (if it's in stock). I do have to pay MN sales tax (6.5%), but the next-day thing makes that worth it.

When you ask for the "best" place, do you mean the cheapest? Nicest people? Stellar return policy?

I've bought tires from a variety of places online, but only because I was living in Hawaii, and my local retailer wanted double the online price. That didn't include mounting or balancing, which I think was $50 each, if the wheels were off the bike. Back in Seattle, my local retailer wanted just a couple bucks more than online prices, and mounting/balancing was free, off the bike. In my opinion, that was the best place to buy a tire. Not only was it competitive, but it kept my local guy in business, so I could zip over and get helmets, gloves, batteries, brake pads, filters, dang near anything. Anymore, your local shop probably also has a web store as well.

If price is paramount, try looking at less expensive models. There are lots of good quality tires out there, that will serve you well, but won't break the bank. As an old friend said to me once, "I don't buy high performance tires, because I'm not high performing."

The absolute cheapest place though, is probably used tires on ebay or craigslist. There's a guy near me on CL that was advertising "hundreds" of used moto tires for free. Can't beat that!

Ah, here it is. You're welcome. :dopeslap:LINK

Edited by elkroeger

Morning Skywagon

Very few on-line tire sales businesses actually stock the muli-hundreds or even thousands of tire sizes, brands, or models that it would take to fill your order from their stock.

So the majority simply drop-ship from the nearest major tire warehouse to your location that stocks what you want. (in my area that is Tucker Rocky) -- So no matter who I buy from (on-line) it usually tracks back to my Tucker Rocky tire warehouse closest to me that has them in stock.

So do as suggested above & Google the tires that you want at the price you want to pay (including shipping or free shipping).

With a good on-line price with free shipping I can usually buy at a price point well below what my local dealer pays wholesale (same tires from the same drop-ship warehouse).

If you buy in your state, or from a business with an outlet in your state, then you will probably pay your state's sales tax on top of the tire cost. Even if you buy out of state technically you still owe your state the sales tax but that is between you & your conscious.

I've bought from Revzilla a number of times. Very fast delivery, but of course that depends on where you live. I also had to return a defective tire recently, and that was easy, and painless.

As Canadian, I sugest you buy from https://fortnine.ca, ex Canada's Motorcycle. They deliver from Montreal, can have it max 48 hours. Best price around, free delivery. I don't know if they deliver State side.

As Canadian, I sugest you buy from https://fortnine.ca, ex Canada's Motorcycle. They deliver from Montreal, can have it max 48 hours. Best price around, free delivery. I don't know if they deliver State side.

Yes, I'm Canadian, but I've been living in the U.S. for the past 4+ years, hence Revzilla.

Yes, I'm Canadian, but I've been living in the U.S. for the past 4+ years, hence Revzilla.

And wearing out tire, after tire, after tire, after tire...

:wave:

Third for the go online, look around, buy cheap. They all seem to get there about the same time.

DR put it straight.

:Cool:

Thanks all...Just what I needed. I'll pass along to buddy. Imagine this...two full pages of a tire thread and not one word about mileage. I'm so proud.

Americanmototire has consistently been the cheapest with the fastest delivery for me. Side note. Last set of tires I purchased from them were exactly 1 year old. The oldest I've had from them. As i go thru 2 sets a year I'm not worried about them getting hard. They are still very sticky. How old is considered too old ?

American Moto Tire has been my choice for many years. Almost always the cheapest price. However, something has changed with them recently. The Bridgestone T-30 EVO I had been buying went up over $50 per set. They are no longer the cheapest on some of the tires I have checked on. Jake Wilson/Rocky Mountain ATV are good to deal with also. Drag Specialties stickers are on many of the tires I get, the wholesaler. No wonder it seems that there is price fixing in the moto tire industry......

Wow, I just did a comparison for Roadtec 01 on Revzilla vs. American Moto and found American to be $50 cheaper for the set. Free shipping too, just like Revzilla. It pays to read this forum.

I've bought from Rocky Mountain and Bike Bandit. I have a guy local in town that mounts them for $35 apiece. One of the biggest shocks was how much shops in MD get for mounting. I have seen as high as $75 a tire. Back in Florida, I usually just took the bike and tires to a local shop and they did it for about $60 total with me bringing in the tires.