BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1001114 - 11/18/17 02:54 AM Re: 2017 RT Heated Seat not working [Re: roadriderg]  
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,982
Skywagon Offline
Member
Skywagon  Offline
Member

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,982
Bellaire Texas
yeah must be broken. Mine will cook a ribeye if you put it on high.


David
RT WET
#1001182 - 11/19/17 12:43 AM Re: 2017 RT Heated Seat not working [Re: Skywagon]  
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,346
GordonB Offline
Member
GordonB  Offline
Member

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,346
Huntington Beach, CA
Did you check both ends of the wire harness? There's a connector air the seat and should be one about 18" down wire at the frame. (at least that's how my 07 and 12 were)


2012 R1200RT
2007 R1200RT, sold
2000 R1100RT, off to boneyard
2005 Vespa GT, sold
#1001206 - 11/19/17 11:40 AM Re: 2017 RT Heated Seat not working [Re: skyking1]  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 13
skyking1 Offline
Newer Member
skyking1  Offline
Newer Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 13
South Carolina
I made it to the dealer Saturday morning.

Left the house at 39 degrees, just knew I would freeze my tail off, about 25 miles to the dealer.
I was shocked that I did not really get cold, of course I had a few layers on.

Dealer checked it out and narrowed it down to the computer. They are checking with BMW and going to get parts to fix.
Should have parts next week....

It still cost me about $200..... The dealer was having Demo rides on the Adventure bikes, and a lot of stuff on sale for the holidays.

#1001207 - 11/19/17 11:53 AM Re: 2017 RT Heated Seat not working [Re: skyking1]  
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,786
TEWKS Offline
Member
TEWKS  Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,786
Tewksbury, MA.
Originally Posted by skyking1


It still cost me about $200..... The dealer was having Demo rides on the Adventure bikes, and a lot of stuff on sale for the holidays.



Collateral damage? grin Lucky it wasn't an Adventure Bike, I guess. It can happen.

Pat


"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed" Curly Howard
#1001211 - 11/19/17 01:25 PM Re: 2017 RT Heated Seat not working [Re: skyking1]  
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 465
strataj Offline
Member
strataj  Offline
Member

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 465
Wills Point, TX
Originally Posted by skyking1
I made it to the dealer Saturday morning.

Left the house at 39 degrees, just knew I would freeze my tail off, about 25 miles to the dealer.
I was shocked that I did not really get cold, of course I had a few layers on.

Dealer checked it out and narrowed it down to the computer. They are checking with BMW and going to get parts to fix.
Should have parts next week....

It still cost me about $200..... The dealer was having Demo rides on the Adventure bikes, and a lot of stuff on sale for the holidays.


Sounds like to me a Heated Jacket and maybe Gloves need to be on the Holiday wish list (don't forget the pigtail grin )

Jay

#1001302 - 11/21/17 12:06 AM Re: 2017 RT Heated Seat not working [Re: Skywagon]  
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 36
ToddM Offline
Newer Member
ToddM  Offline
Newer Member

Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 36
St. Martins, NB Canada
Originally Posted by Skywagon
yeah must be broken. Mine will cook a ribeye if you put it on high.


+1


2017 R1200RT
#1001601 - 11/28/17 03:34 AM Re: 2017 RT Heated Seat not working [Re: skyking1]  
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,283
Bernie Offline
Member
Bernie  Offline
Member

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,283
Jax, FL
I have some questions about the seat heat on my 2018 RT.
The bike doesn't seem to heat above 55 degrees F. Is the seat heat controlled by ambient temperature?
On Sunday I rode with my grandson as a passenger and even after 45 minutes there was no heat detected in either the rear or front seat. Ambient temps where in the low 60's F.
Did BMW really have to make it that complicated or is it a dud? All the cables are plugged in.
Any ideas?


Bernie
Jax, FL
2018 R1200RT, Alpinweiss, starting out fresh.
2007 R1200RT, Double Silver 188,700 Smiles, SOLD
2000 R1100RT, Opal 104,000 Smiles, SOLD
BMW-MOA, BMW-RA,
AMA, BMW-NEF,
#1001605 - 11/28/17 09:48 AM Re: 2017 RT Heated Seat not working [Re: skyking1]  
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,783
AndyS Online
Member
AndyS  Online
Member

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,783
Somerset, Great Britain.
Hi Bernie. My 2017 is the same. I cannot detect ANY heat from my saddle.

#1001609 - 11/28/17 12:40 PM Re: 2017 RT Heated Seat not working [Re: skyking1]  
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 336
Oldironken Offline
Member
Oldironken  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 336
Windsor, CT.
I was out Saturday for 2 hours with temps in the 40's on my 2016. I had the seat temp set at position 3 and i was wearing my Olympia Ranger pants with the liner and had a nice warm rear end.

I would check with the dealer


2016 1200 RT ( i love this bike)
2004 R 1150 RT - Sold
1926 Ford Model T
1978 Suzuki GS 750E - Sold
1972 Kawasaki 175 ?
1972 Honda CB 350 ?
1970 Suzuki 125 Prospector Enduro - Sold
#1001612 - 11/28/17 01:36 PM Re: 2017 RT Heated Seat not working [Re: Oldironken]  
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,283
Bernie Offline
Member
Bernie  Offline
Member

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,283
Jax, FL
Originally Posted by Oldironken
I was out Saturday for 2 hours with temps in the 40's on my 2016. I had the seat temp set at position 3 and i was wearing my Olympia Ranger pants with the liner and had a nice warm rear end.

I would check with the dealer


Will do. Thanks.


Bernie
Jax, FL
2018 R1200RT, Alpinweiss, starting out fresh.
2007 R1200RT, Double Silver 188,700 Smiles, SOLD
2000 R1100RT, Opal 104,000 Smiles, SOLD
BMW-MOA, BMW-RA,
AMA, BMW-NEF,
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.009s Queries: 14 (0.002s) Memory: 2.8035 MB (Peak: 2.9910 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2017-12-15 16:10:57 UTC