IGNORED

2005 R1200ST questions

r77toy

Has anyone added GS hand guards?

It looks like the handlebars can be moved above the triple clamp without changing the cables and hoses, is that true?

I don't know for sure if the GS handguards will fit, but I suspect they might. MV made adapters that would move the bars above the triple clamp and they did not require any other changes, there may be others.

Frank

Dennis Andress

As hard as it is to get the mirrors to not hit the windshield at full lock I'd think handguards would be difficult to make work. Maybe if you limited steering travel a bit.

It looks like the handlebars can be moved above the triple clamp without changing the cables and hoses, is that true?

I've seen it done, but I'm not so sure you should. It pulls the front brake line a bit tight from being a bit on the short side for that position. Another minus to mounting the bars above the triple clamp is the stock position has a dowel pin to lock the bar in position with the top triple clamp. With it mounted above the triple clamp the only thing preventing the bar from being moved say in a drop over is the single bolt clamp at the top of the triple clamp holding the suspension tube. You would probably do plenty of damage to plastic in a tip over, but at least there is a bit of protection from the handle bars when attached to the triple clamp. The MV kit also has adapters to secure the bars back to the top triple clamp. I'm not trying to sell the MV Verholen kit as it didn't work ideally for my arm reach. I just wanted to give you the info for your decision on your bike.

MV%20Verholen%20riser%20kit%20R1200ST.jpg