IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Don't forget to add checking for termites to the regular maintenance routine.

link

It seems cheap for a one-of-a-kind sculpture. I like the wooden oil stain on the floor under it, if that is what is intended.

Don't forget to add checking for termites to the regular maintenance routine.

link

It seems cheap for a one-of-a-kind sculpture. I like the wooden oil stain on the floor under it, if that is what is intended.

I think that's an animal skin, but I like the way you think!

Tired of showing up to events with the same model as many other riders? Buy this one and you are pretty much assured it will be the only one there:

00S0S_f2KRgKENWqp_600x450.jpg

Link

Tired of showing up to events with the same model as many other riders? Buy this one and you are pretty much assured it will be the only one there:

00S0S_f2KRgKENWqp_600x450.jpg

Link

Interesting article about that front setup

HERE

I remember when that came out. I could never finagle a ride on one but always thought it was a great idea. Guess that's what attracted me to the telelever in 94. The GTS should have come out with a shaft drive and allowed to mature. As I recall, dimly, one of the issues was weight.

edit ... Just read the article that is linked previously by ltljohn. Very interesting and enlightening.

Edited by bwpsg42

Quote from the ad:

"I think it's going to start and run without much at all, is what I think.. "

(Non-running bike is now with its 3rd owner.)

1985 BMW RS 100 - $1150 (The Dalles)*link*

00y0y_dDBuLDG80oS_600x450.jpg

Edited by TheOtherLee

Zombie apocalypse bike!!

$3850

This is a great read for a KLR 650

https://lewiston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2009-klr-ultimate-zombie/6387451543.html

In a ZHTF scenario, you need dependable transportation. And there's nothing more dependable than a KLR. And she's got a little sexy thrown in, too--just enough to make her inviting, but not enough to make your girlfriend jealous.

The Kawasaki KLR is regarded as the perfect motorcycle for a zombie apocalypse, and by more than one author. They're sold by the thousands globally, so no matter where you end up, you'll have parts. Svetlana and I must part, but I've built her up with a survivor in mind.

Your wife won't object, because it's not a crotch rocket, and ultimately, you're buying it for your family's well-being. This dual-sport is just at home on logging roads as it is on the open highway, and it can be loaded down for extended camp trips, as any KLR owner/zombie prepper can attest. See pics above--she camps like a champ.

This 2009 model has a meager 8k miles, which is hardly broken in when it comes to KLR standards. It has Rotopax dual 1-gallon fuel cans mounted to the backs of two Solobox panniers that can hold all the food, tent, sleeping bag, tarps, camp stove, coffee, Spam, and 3 boxes of 9mm ammo you'll need for a week-long gear test.

What's that you say? Your wife insists on bringing an extra AR-15 and a whole case of Spam? No sweat. Strap it to the top of the boxes if they're already full; she can handle it.

It has a GoPro mount on the right front mirror, no body damage, a brand-new battery, great brakes, and grippy new tires. With the 6-gallon fuel tank, you'll still have plenty of fuel long after your riding buddies have run dry, pulled over, and have to defend against zombie hordes.

If you love your family, $3,850 is nothing for this kind of peace of mind.

Forest trail? Gotcha covered.

Highway driving? No prob.

Top of an active volcano? Done it.

Twisty road drive just for funsies? Of course!

Interested in buying Svetlana? Leave a comment if you'd like to keep your family protected during the coming apocalypse. More pics here: http://www.zatacademy.com/zhtf-blog/the-ultimate-zhtf-bug-out-bike

Had one of these Hodaka Indians. My brother had it first, he stripped it down and raced it. By the time I got it the motor was spanked. I worked all summer collecting junk (aluminum & copper) to buy a new engine. September I had her running and not soon after, one of my brother's SB friends stole it from me and trashed it. His parents did pay to have it fixed though. Man that was so long ago but remember it like, it was so long ago! :old::grin:

I have no idea what happened to it, it may have gone into the trash. $5000.00 :dopeslap:

https://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/indian/6388807566.html

01313_dNdTSMhiICM_600x450.jpg

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

2008 BMW K1200GT - 19k Miles - $4600

Has extras, priced under NADA low dealer, apparently for tip-over scratches but who sees those when you're enjoying the ride! Has electronic cruise of course and under 20Kmi (just broken in). 622 lb wet, about the same as an R1150RT but a lot more power, smoother. Harder to maintain I guess.

00x0x_kDGT7JHnNPr_600x450.jpg

Like! If it's still in reasonably good condition at 9000 miles, $5K sounds decent. Now of course, I'd start with the indecent proposal of $4.5K but, that's just me. :grin:

00p0p_31YYfSf2ZWG_600x450.jpg

Pat

What the heck?

LINK

00404_9tApGkhjrp_600x450.jpg

Looks like the regular version would be a blast - not sure why you'd want to go and put two extra wheels on there vs just using a regular four wheel scooter/power chair thingamabob....

I think I just missed out on buying the tall dark and adventurous one on the previous page. :( Oh well, it's something that was wasn't really needed.

Pat

Dennis Andress

For some reason those sell for more in the Seattle area than elsewhere. I had an F800 GS for a little over a year. One day I noticed they were listed on Seattle craigslist for a little more than I paid for mine and decided to sell. It sold in about 6 weeks for my asking price. Kind of like an extended demo ride...

Looks like it is in Fresno (Reedley). Same ad in multiple markets may be a red flag, but IMHO same ad in "nearby CL" is not so worrisome.

Now if it shows up in New York...

UNI-GO. $3700

00D0D_5nDa7ZzifC6_600x450.jpg

"I don't really want to sell this - that's why my price is pretty high, quite firm, and I'm not going to bother to take a picture for the ad. Oh, and I'm also not going to wash the thing even if you buy it."

...maybe a bit of a paraphrase...

There is a very good chance that this bike will need some work with 120,000 miles. Probably a clutch and brake rotors. Good chance that it also needs tires, brakes and brake flush plus usual maintenance stuff. If you like wrenching, this is a deal, if you depend on a dealer could be an expensive investment.

Might have picked a better background setting for the picture ... just sayin :Cool:

When I first looked at the ad I thought something along the lines of, that's probably the nicest BMW in that trailer park...but then I thought I sounded like a jackass, so I kept it to myself.

;)

d'oh!