IGNORED

GSA reflector recall fix

TEWKS

BMW mechanic Shawn Smoak shows you the finished product. A bit more complicated than it needs to be I think but then again, I don't build these great motorcycles.

Lots of talk, skip to 4:00

Pat

BMW mechanic Shawn Smoak shows you the finished product. A bit more complicated than it needs to be I think but then again, I don't build these great motorcycles.

Lots of talk, skip to 4:00

Pat

Morning Pat

Good thing those things are easily removable as they won't last 2 hours on the deep sand & log littered trails we ride.

Yes I would imagine there are going to be plenty of illuminated trails around the globe! :thumbsup: Depending if Mon/Fri possible Starbuck's parking lot or two. :grin:

Pat

A little more in-depth description of the recall

if interested. Now I tried to be nice in the first post but the end of the install tells me this is completely useless! :dontknow: One stick on reflector for the bag itself would have been sufficient.

Pat

A little more in-depth description of the recall
if interested. Now I tried to be nice in the first post but the end of the install tells me this is completely useless! :dontknow: One stick on reflector for the bag itself would have been sufficient.

Pat

Pat, in order to satisfy the regulators, they had to do two things: 1) add a reflector to the side cases. Easy. 2) solve the issue of the current reflectors (each side of the licence plate) being blocked by the rear racks (at certain angles) when the side cases are not mounted.

Thanks Mark! :wave: Yeah Shawn explained the certain angle part without the bags being attached which IMO is just way over the top. Well, at least I do see their point, but man! :ohboy:

Pat

Why not mount the brackets upside down so they're protected by the frame? They wouldn't interfere with mounting the cases, and if the cases have reflectors on them the underneath ones are unnecessary.

Why not mount the brackets upside down so they're protected by the frame?

My understanding is, if you were a city worker and happen to be climbing out of a manhole at the same exact moment a bag-less GSA was passing by said manhole, there could be tragic consequences.

:grin:

Pat

My understanding is, if you were a city worker and happen to be climbing out of a manhole at the same exact moment a bag-less GSA was passing by said manhole, there could be tragic consequences.

Pat

Finally, someone who understands these regulations!

Pat

Finally, someone who understands these regulations!

;):grin::thumbsup:

Pat