IGNORED

Does 2018 1200RT look funny?

Pointwithinacircle

And here is a 2018 RT out in the wild.

luQUl0S.jpg

Now that's a great angle right there! :thumbsup: Yeah, I still say that Stitch looks new. ;):grin:

Pat

I've only one problem with the new RTs: 1 low beam, 2 high beams.

When visibility is an issue (and it always is for us) why would you go that way?!? Besides, low beams are used all the time, most never/rarely use high beams. I want to be seen without having to blind cagers, etc. Were I looking for a new bike, this wouldn't be on my list until that was fixed/fixable.

Of course, I have a similar complaint about several other bikes that have two headlights but only one is a low beam. Why?

With my LED conversion, one headlight really isn't giving up much to a two headlight low beam. At least not to an incandescent setup. In fact, the whiter light of the LED is much superior on dark roads or rain.

But I am on your side with the "why only one low beam bulb".

RPG

It gets much better looking after you ride one.

I rode one last fall and it was impressive.

But not enough to get me off my '04 however. :)

I have to say the design is growing on me.

Then you didn't ride it long enough. :)

No kidding. I could see debating going from a 1200 RT to RTW but an 1150 to an RTW is really night and day .

No kidding. I could see debating going from a 1200 RT to RTW but an 1150 to an RTW is really night and day .

It may look funny, but it sure gets lots of compliments from bikers and non-bikers.

Riding it (1180 miles so far), I know that there is huge difference and improvements (in my option) between the 2007 and the 2018 R1200RT.

The handling is much improved, the bike feels very planted. I think the weight balance is moved forward compared to the 2007 version.

They moved the side stand in front of the foot pegs. Also there are lots of differences with the frame. Instead of being a casting it is more trellis style.

The air flow management is also much better, the seat is very comfortable and the side bags open easier.

Yes, the glove box is smaller, the tank is smaller and the body panels feel flimsey.

Yes, lots of electronics. Like riding a hybrid radio with a build in generator on wheels. LOL

Keep in mind, when you ride it you can't see it.

It may look funny, but it sure gets lots of compliments from bikers and non-bikers.

Riding it (1180 miles so far), I know that there is huge difference and improvements (in my option) between the 2007 and the 2018 R1200RT.

The handling is much improved, the bike feels very planted. I think the weight balance is moved forward compared to the 2007 version.

They moved the side stand in front of the foot pegs. Also there are lots of differences with the frame. Instead of being a casting it is more trellis style.

The air flow management is also much better, the seat is very comfortable and the side bags open easier.

Yes, the glove box is smaller, the tank is smaller and the body panels feel flimsey.

Yes, lots of electronics. Like riding a hybrid radio with a build in generator on wheels. LOL

Keep in mind, when you ride it you can't see it.

Just like when the introduced the 2005 1200 it took a year or 2 to grow on me. Same with the RTW, but now I really love the looks and yes it gets a lot of looks and compliments.

The RTW is IMHO the smoothest boxer yet and the RTW feels lighter than my '06 although it is heavier and it seems to handle better as well. I do hate the "cheap" feel of some of the body panels and the side bag lids. But a lot benefits that really outweigh what I don't like. I was reluctant to move to the RTW but the simpler and less frequent maintenance and my ability to get 8 years on the extended warranty really pushed me over the top. Knowing I was months away from retirement I wanted less to worry about and am really thrilled I made the swap.

The RTW is IMHO the smoothest boxer yet...

Boy, you aren't kidding there! On the freeway, there've been several times I've forgotten to upshift because the engine is so smooth at 6000+ rpm! My 1150 was a growly beast in comparison.